Monday, August 19, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Things That Make Life Easier

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Top 10 Things that Make My Life as a Reader/ Booksblogger Easier.

As a reader:


Source
10. Goodreads--definitely! Virtual shelves are a godsend. Otherwise I'd always try to write down the books I want to read, lose the list, and have to start over every couple of weeks.

9. My kindle. It's actually an app on my ipad, and it's often easier to get and read books there than use exclusively physical copies, especially when the e-copies are cheaper.


My (somewhat rumpled) bed.
8. Library--Of course not everything is at the library, but I'm always surprised how many of the books on my TBR list my library has. I just finished my summer mermaid reading challenge and most of the books I looked up, the library had. I was super impressed!

7. My bed--It offers a comfy place for me to curl up and explore my fantasy worlds!

6. Not working--My current situation is such that I'm not working a normal 9-5. This gives me so much more reading time. It's great!

As a Book Blogger:
Source

5. My blog, of course!--It helps me spread the world about books that I like and geek out with other who like to read as much as I do.

4HTML--Yes it's a pain to learn but it makes my blog look pretty and helps me have all kinds of geeky fun doing my posts.


3. My blogger buddies--they teach me so much and make book blogging fun!
Picture I made of my niece and nephews
using Photobucket.com.

2. Goodreads. Again.--It helps me reference my books with links, keep track of things, and direct people easily to descriptions of books I'm recommending.

1. Photobucket--a site that helps me manipulate pictures quickly and easily, keep track of them, and saves me from having to learn photoshop.

How about you? What makes your life easier?

4 comments :

  1. The iPad definitely makes my life easier! Allows for more books and takes less space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Kobo is awesome in storing numerous books which I can read on the go. Thanks for sharing your list :)

    My TTT: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/top-ten-tuesdays-things-that-make-your-life-as-a-blogger-easierbetter/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont have some of these. Which ones do you feel are the most important??

    ReplyDelete