Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: The Passage

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Today's teasers are from The Passage. And yes, I already did teasers from this book once, but what can I say? It's a long book and I'm still reading it. Hoping to finish this week, though. (It's fantastic, btw!) Wish me luck!

Source
His heart was thumping in his chest. He paused to quickly scan the scene; Doyle was nowhere. "Straight out the exit," he told Amy. "Don't even look up.""Yo, Chief!"Wolgast froze. Doyle came jogging up behind them, pointing at his watch. "I thought we said an hour, boss."Wolgast looked at him, his bland midwestern face. "Thought we'd lost you," he said. "We were just coming to look for you...Phil--""Don't." His voice was quiet--not menacing, merely stating the facts. "Don't even say the words. We're partners, Brad. IT's time to go."All Wolgast's hopefulness collapsed inside him. Amy's hand was still in his; he couldn't bear to look at her. I'm sorry, he thought, sending her this message through his hand. I'm sorry. And together, Doyle following five paces behind them, they moved through the exit toward the parking lot.

What are you reading this week? 

3 comments :

  1. Huh, I haven't heard of this book before. May have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of The Passage, but your teaser is certainly very intriguing! Thanks for sharing Liesel. And thanks for stopping by my Teaser Tuesday post earlier.

    Have a great afternon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh nice tease! Haven't heard of this one! Thanks for visiting my teaser!


    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete