Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Teaser Tuesday--The Passage by Justin Cronin


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Source
Today's teasers come from The Passage by Justin Cronin.

"Two nights ago, we were attacked--not by drug traffickers, but bats. They came a few hours after sunset while most of us were out of our tents doing evening chores, scattered about the campsite. I was lucky: I had walked a few hundred yards upriver, away from the trees, to find a good signal on the GPS. I heard shouts and then gunfire, but by the time I made it back the swarm had moved downstream. Four people died that night, including Claudia. The bats simply engulfed her. 
Paul, whatever happens, whatever I decide, I want you to know that you have been a great friend to me. More than a friend: a brother. How strange to write that sentence, sitting on a riverbank in the jungles of Bolivia, four thousand miles away from everything and everyone I've ever known and loved. I feel as if I've entered a new era of my life. What strange places our lives can carry us to, what dark passages."

3 comments :

  1. Oh man...I started reading this last year and got halfway before I set it down to finish other books. I have yet to pick it back up.

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh nice tease! Haven't heard of this one! Hope you enjoy the rest!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read this one. Like the cover though. It's kind of mysterious.

    Thanks for stopping by my TT

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete