Sunday, July 22, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Teaser Tuesdays post, or share your ‘teasers’ in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks!

My Teasers come from A Dance with Dragons, Book 5 of George R.R. Martin's A Song of Fire and Ice. (Yes, I'm still reading that. Whatever, I'm getting there!)

"We must pray," said the Green Grace. "The gods sent this man to us. He comes as a harbinger. He comes as a sign."

"A sign of what?" asked Dany.


"A sign of wroth and ruin."


She did not want to believe that. "He was one man. One sick man with an arrow in his leg. A horse brought him here, not a god." A pale mare. Dany rose abruptly. "I thank you for your counsel and for all that you did for this poor man."


The Green Grace kissed Dany's fingers before she took her leave. "We shall pray for Astapor."


And for me. Oh, pray for me, my lady. (Page 399)

and

Roose made a face, as if the ale he was sipping had suddenly gone sour. "There are times you make me wonder if you truly are my seed. My forebears were many things, but never fools. No, be quiet now, I have heard enough. We appear strong for the moment, yes. We have powerful friends in the Lannisters and Freys, and the grudging support of much of the north...but what do you imagine is going to happen when one of Ned Stark's sons turns up?" (Page 425)


Happy Tuesday! :D

One more thing! I am participating in a blog tour for a book that needs more bloggers. More information at the website below! 


http://www.novelpublicity.com/whirlwind-recruitment/motherhood/

2 comments :

  1. How awesome you're on book 5. I'd love to read this series but it's so long and I have so many books to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a huge commitment to read a multi-volume, high fantasy series, but it's also kinda my passion. :D Thanks for stopping by, Natalie! :D

      Delete