Thursday, July 19, 2012

Follow Friday--Christmas in July!!!



Q: Christmas in July! Someone gives you a gift card for two books (whatever that costs). What two books will you buy?


I would just choose two from my TBR list! Hmm, let's see...I think I'd have to go with:


The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss and Seraphina by Rachel Hartman. I've wanted to read The Name of the Wind for a long time and have just never gotten around to it. Seraphina has come to my attention much more recently, but I hear nothing but good things about it so I can't wait to read it! :D Happy Friday everyone!





Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs! 

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you! 



RULES

To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
  1. (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee & Alison Can Read}
  2. (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
  3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
  4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say "hi" in your comments and that they are now following you.
  5. If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn't have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed
  6. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "HI"
  7. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
  8. If you're new to the follow friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!





55 comments :

  1. I've pondered Seraphina a few times at the bookstore. Honestly, this seems to be more of a book that I would snatch up at my library because I'm not sure about the story. But, like you, I've been hearing really good things about it. I'd hate to miss out.

    New Follower.


    Featured and Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I followed you, too. Way cute blog, btw! Happy Friday! :D

      Delete
  2. Great picks! I've heard nothing but great things about Seraphina, so I' sure you will enjoy it :D
    New follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I followed you as well! :D

      Delete
  3. I hadn't heard of either but Seraphina looks good, might have to check it out.

    Old follower

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Thanks for dropping by! I liked your FF picks, too! :D

      Delete
  4. New follower here! Yay! Great picks! =D
    Stopping through with my My FF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by! Followed you back! :D

      Delete
  5. Great picks! I really love The Name of the Wind, but it's so long! Took me a couple of days to finish that! I just recently read Seraphina earlier this week and it was a good book :0) Hope you get a chance to read them soon!

    New follower. My FF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Me too! Glad you liked them both. Followed you back! :D

      Delete
  6. Hopping through. I so want to read Seraphina. Everyone is raving about it.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seraphina is on my TBR List and I have heard great things about it. :o)
    New Follower.


    My Friday Follows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm following you as well via email. Love the name of your blog, btw! Happy Friday! :D

      Delete
  8. Can't wait to read Seraphina! I haven't heard of The Name of the Wind - I'll have to check it out.

    New follower. :)
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Ginnifer. I followed you, too! Happy Friday! :D

      Delete
  9. Haven't heard of these but the cover for The Name of the Wind is beautiful. I hope you are able to get them soon!

    Here are my my choices.
    I'm also having a giveaway so come on over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Great giveaway! See ya round the blogosphere! :D

      Delete
  10. Great choices! I've hears about Seraphina and it looks pretty interesting!
    New follower of your blog!
    Feature&Follow post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stopped by your blog, too. So cute! Happy Friday! :D

      Delete
  11. Hmm, I'll be reading Seraphina this coming week :) I hope I end up liking it :)

    I followed your blog via GFC. Stop by and return the favor?

    My Follow Friday post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! And I hope you like it too! You'll have to let me know! :D Happy Friday!

      Delete
  12. Both look amazing, but I also love the name for 'The Name of the Wind' and the cover. I think I'm putting that on my TBR pile :) Thanks for sharing, I'm following.
    My Friday Post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Followed you too! Happy Friday! :D

      Delete
  13. Seraphina looks amazing! I sooo badly want it! :)

    My FF post: http://blogofabookaholic.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-and-follow-friday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great picks on you post too! Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  14. I've actually read Seraphina, but it just wasn't for me unfortunately. I hope you are the one of many who love it though!
    Happy Friday and thanks for stopping by! I'm a new follower via GFC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry you didn't like it. I hope I will too! Thanks for following! I'll follow back! :D

      Delete
  15. Thanks for stopping by my blog, I haven't heard of either of those books. New follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! Happy Friday! :D

      Delete
  16. I love the two covers but haven't read them yet. Sounds like a great choice.

    new follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I love the name of your blog, btw! Happy Friday! :D

      Delete
  17. Great covers and choices.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-follow_20.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! So are yours! Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  18. New follower!

    Seraphina really does look good :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/07/follow-friday_20.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I followed you back! :D

      Delete
  19. I heard Seraphina was really good :) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    New subscriber :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Thank you as well! Have a great weekend! :D

      Delete
  20. I heard Seraphina was good! Thanks for stopping by my blog, new follower!

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Thanks for returning the favor! Happy Friday! :D

      Delete
  21. I am an old follower, :) Nice choices.
    Here is my post if you want to hop by
    Follow Friday Hop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I liked your choices too! Have a great weekend! :D

      Delete
  22. That Patrick Rothfuss has been on my TBR list forever! Sure sounds fantastic. I'm currently in the middle of Seraphina, it's pretty great. Hope you snag these soon! :)
    New follower! Here's my Friday post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Thanks for stopping by! I liked your picks too. I can't wait to get my hands on Justin Cronin's second Passage book! Have a great weekend! :D

      Delete
  23. I'm a new follower! :D
    http://theyabookworm.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really want to read The Name of the Wind. It sounds really good. Also, I'm reading Seraphina right now, and I'm really liking it.
    New Follower!
    Carson @ Reader with Voice
    http://readerwithvoice.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-follow-1.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Thanks for stopping by and following! I followed you back. I liked your picks a lot, too. Defiance has been on my TBR list forever! :D

      Delete
  26. My partner has been bugging me for ages to read the Name of the Wind! It's sitting on my shelf all unloved...

    (I blog hopped here after you visited my blog: rosesbookreviews.blogspot.com.au)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by in return! Hopefully both of us can get to this book soon. I think it's going to be awesome! Have a great weekend! :D

      Delete
  27. Oh, I loved Seraphina! Such a great book, must find myself a paperback copy that I can reread and reread again and again :) Hope you do, too :) New follower :) Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ooh I've been wanting to read Seraphina!! It's one my TBR list and I hope to get it soon! And I really enjoyed The Name of the Wind!

    Thanks so much for dropping by and following! I'm sorry it took me so long to return the favor!

    <3
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Thanks for following back! :D

      Delete