Sunday, July 1, 2012


Liebster Blog Award



Thanks to Faraway Eyes for Nominating my blog for this award!

Disclaimer: I'm cheating a bit, here. My other blog, lkhill.blogspot.com has already received this award, but this is the first time Musings on Fantasia is getting it. I'm doing it again, though, because the questions are different and fun! I'm nominating the same people and with the same questions as before, though. Laziness on my part, I know, but deal with it anyway. I had a hard enough time finding ten bloggers with less than 200 followers the first time! :D

The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers and Liebster is a German word which means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.

The Rules:
1. Each person must post 10 Facts about themselves.
2. Answer 10 questions the tagger has given you and 10 questions for the people you've tagged.
3. Choose 10 people and Link them to your post.
4. Tell them you've tagged them.
5. Remember, no tag backs.
10 Random things about me:
1. I write across three different genres.
2. I come from a large family.
3. I've played the piano since I was 11 (totally not telling you how old I am now!)
4. I have many nieces and nephews but no children.
5. I'm single.
6. I love dark chocolate!
7. I love angry guy music.
8. I hate cilantro!
9. I'm a caterer/legal clerk by day and moonlight as a writer by night.
10. I have one foot that's bigger than the other (birth defect, but not a huge one! :D)

Questions my Nominator asked me:

1.What is your favorite opening line of a book?

Oh, so many to choose from! I think I'll go with a classic: It was the best of times, it was the worst of times... There's just so much potential there!

2.What is your favorite blog post of your own and why?

Whichever one I'm writing this week (I love to blog!)

3. If you couldn't read for a week, what would you do with your time?

Honestly, probably watch tv. Am I allowed to write? If yes, then I'd do plenty of writing, too.

4.Who is your least favorite author?

I'm not sure I have a particular one. If I don't like something I put it down, so anyone like that. Anyone who has an agenda and puts it before characters and plot.

5.What elements does a story have to have to keep you interested?

Hm...great characters, great plot, a bit of adventure, mysticism, and romance. All these things and I'm a happy camper!

6. Have you ever not finished a book? Which ones?

I've downloaded a few free indie books and not finished them. Across the board, the writing was just not up to par, the plots/characters just not interested. Anything I can't make myself care about will probably get put down.

7. What is your best kept secret (something you love but no one else has heard of)?

I think people have heard of it, but just not read it. I LOVE Joseph Conrad. While Heart of Darkness is still widely read in schools and reading programs, many of Conrad's other gems, including the book that's said to be his greatest work, are widely NOT read.

8.Dinner party with three characters. Who? Al'Lan Mandragoran (Wheel of Time), Marley (Heart of Darkness) and Daenarys Targaryen (Song of Fire and Ice)--the last one just so I can tell her what's going on in the Seven Kingdoms. ~Evil laugh~

9. Dinner party with three authors. Who? Charles Dickens, Robert Jordan, and Emily Dickinson


10. Has a book ever changed your life?

I've said this on this blog before, but the Wheel of Time series did. I learned more about writing style and story telling from that series than most other things I've read combined. Absolute fabulousness! :D

Blogs I'm nominating:

10.Ebony Black Lines

Questions for them:


1. How long have you been blogging for?
2. Why did you start up a blog?
3. What has been your weirdest experience with blogging?
4. What is your favourite book?
5. Who is your favourite author?
6. What do you want to be when you grow up/what is your profession?
7. How many books do you think you might have?
8. Do you prefer reading a proper book or a ebook?
9. If you could choose to live one character's life in a book, who would it be?
10. If you were stranded on a desert island what 10 items would you want to have with you?


8 comments :

  1. Congrats on winning the award Liesel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are pretty cool questions! And I love your answers! I don't have patience for books if they aren't up to par either. Editing is VERY important, but often it's just the story doesn't flow as it should, which makes me lose interest. Congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! And thanks for stopping by! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the award. I too would want to have dinner with Dickinson.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! And I'd go watch TV as well.

    ReplyDelete