Thursday, July 26, 2012

Friday Follow--Summer Reading!!!



(Same answer on both my blogs this week!)


Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs! 

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you! 



Q: Summer Reading. What was your favorite book that you were REQUIRED to read when you were in school?


I'll take a cue from Alison and go year by year as well:

9th Grade: Uh...can't remember. My ninth grade English class was kind of messed up! I did read Great Expectations over the summer, though, and loved it, so I'll go with that! :D
10th Grade: Either The Once and Future King by T.H. White or A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens!
11th: The Scarlet Letter
12th: Heart of Darkness--my first read of what would become one of my all-time FAVORITE classics! :D

How about you?




18 comments :

  1. Heart of Darkness? I don't want to sound dumb but who wrote that?

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joseph Conrad. It's one of those books I have to go back and read like once a year because I like it so much! Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  2. Of all the books you've mentioned, I've read none. I recently started A Tale of Two Cities though ;)

    Happy Friday!

    Here's my Follow Friday post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Tale of Two Cities is GREAT! Dickens at his best! :D Thanks for dropping by! :D

      Delete
  3. The only book I've read from your list is The Scarlet Letter and I had a tough time getting through it. I think we dissected it too much for me to enjoy.

    Thanks for stopping by. Following back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following back! The way a teacher presents the book DOES make a difference so I totally know what you mean! Happy Friday! :D

      Delete
  4. Those summer lists were always a bummer for me. I preferred when we got to choose what we read. The ones I remember reading were "The Fountainhead" ( Ayn Rand) and Hemmingway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a big Ayn Rand fan, but not so much Hemmingway. Thanks for stopping by! :D Happy Friday!

      Delete
  5. I love your picks! Tale of Two Cities and Heart of Darkness both almost made my list. Thanks for stopping by my blog, new follower =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heart of Darkness was fantastic. I was never wild about Dickens - okay, I admit, I'm a pleb! Anyway . . . I'm a new follower. You can find me at: http://todayinshenaya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, thanks! I'll follow you back! Happy Friday! :D

      Delete
  7. I always tried to get out of reading books in school. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - year by year? I'm impressed! I loved Heart of Darkness, too.

    New GFC follower - Happy FF!
    Renee @ Succotash Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So great to find someone else who's a Conrad fan! There are so few of us out there! Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Summer Read was…Things Fall Apart By Chinua Achebe (Author) it was interesting ☺

    Hi,
    I found you on Follow Fridays Hosted By
    {Parajunkee & Alison Can Read}. I am a New Follower, Please
    Follow me back.
    Thanks,
    http://dawnandwinniebookreviews.blogspot.com

    Things Fall Apart By Chinua Achebe (Author)
    It was interesting ☺

    ReplyDelete