Thursday, July 12, 2012

Follow Friday (#FF)


This meme is hosted by Alison Can Read if you want to join!


Q: What drove you to start book blogging in the first place?


I explained the beginning of my true blogging on my other blog, because it began with that one, but it didn't end there (obviously, 'cause you're here!). Even though Jolly Fish Press has been kind enough to pick up my historical fiction novel, my debut novel will actually come out the end of 2012. It is a futuristic dystopian fantasy entitled, Persistence of Vision. (See cover at left!)

I love fantasy! Grew up with it! Was probably destined to write it at some point. One of my earliest memories is of my dad sitting with his back against the doorframe of my room and putting me and my sister and brother to sleep with stories of Frodo and the Ring. (This was the late 1980s, dontcha know! Long before Peter Jackson and Elijah Wood met.) We did Star Wars, Star Trek, The Last Unicorn, The Neverending Story, Labrinth, The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe (both book and '70s cartoon complete with bell bottoms!). You name it, I saw/heard/read it.

So, the short answer is that I started this blog because I love fantasy. The fact that I now have a fantasy book soon to be on the shelves is just icing on the cake! And again, I hope that reviewers whose blogs I follow will be willing to do a review for me when it comes out! :D (wink, wink!)

Happy Friday! :D

P.S. What do you think of the cover for Persistence of Vision?

22 comments :

  1. I will have to check out your book when its out. Sounds really good.
    here is my FF Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let you know! Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  2. I am finding I am enjoy fantasy more than I used too thanks to book blogging.

    Follower

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! I'm so glad because fantasy is AWESOME! :D

      Delete
  3. That's the best reason to start a blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Jennifer! I enjoyed your FF as well! Happy Friday! :D

      Delete
  4. Thanks for stopping by :) The cover is freaky cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luck with your book and have a happy Friday!

    http://thecharacterconnection.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-follow.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too love fantasy. Good luck with your book!
    Thanks for stopping by.
    I am following both your blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million! I'm following you too! Happy Friday! :D

      Delete
  7. I really like that cover! It definitely makes me a bit curious, so once it's out I may have to check it out!
    Hope you have a great Friday and fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Candace! And thanx for stopping by! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's nothing like a good fantasy to take one's mind off of reality for a spell. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Thanx for stopping by, Jeff! :D

      Delete
  10. Sending out best wishes for your book! I love that your father read all those great stories to you. What a cool memory to have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Amy! I saw that yours is heading in the right direction, too, so congrats. Thanks for the wishes and for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  11. I feel like Fantasy books is what got A LOT of people to start blogging! It's definitely what got me. I could never get enough of that genre :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True that! :D Thanks for dropping by! Have a fantastic weekend! ;D

      Delete
  12. Hey there! I just started following you!
    Here is my FF :
    http://cheerfulreviews.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-follow.html
    Thanks (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and following! I'll do the same! :D

      Delete