Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays

My teaser comes from A Dance with Dragons, Book 5 of George R.R. Martin's A Song of Fire and Ice. And yes, I'm still reading it! (I can't help it if I tend to read four books at once! Okay, I can, but whatever!)

It's a bit long, but I thought this conversation was a good one! Enjoy! :D Leave me a comment with your Teaser post and I'll check it out!

P.S. The picture, for those who don't know, is Peter Dinklage, who plays Tyrion Lannister in the HBO version of this series.

Ser Jorah claimed a table in a quiet corner and ordered food and drink. "You have a healthy appetite this morning," the night observed.


"I've heard the food in hell is wretched," Tyrion glanced at the door, where a man had just come in. A gust of sound came with him from outside; the cries of gulls, a woman's laughter, the voices of the fishmongers. For half a heartbeat, he thought he glimpsed Illyrio Mopatis, but it was only one of those white dwarf elephants passing the front door.


Mormont spread some fish roe across a slice of flatbread and took a bite. "Are you expecting someone?"


Tyrion shrugged. "You never know who the wind might blow in. My one true love, my father's ghost, a duck." He popped a locust into his mouth and crunched it. "Not bad. For a bug." 

4 comments :

  1. LOL, I haven't read the books but I have and I am such a fan of the show, I love Tyrion. That is so funny. I really need to get this series.

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't read it either, but I love those last few lines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, he's a fun character to read. Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete