Thursday, May 7, 2015

Follow Friday: Next Reads + Friday Funnies

Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!



How do you decide what books to read? - Suggested by So Many Books, So Little Time

It depends. I'm pretty whimsical about what specifically I'm going to read, but sometimes I make lists of what I want to get through soon. This year, I decided I wanted to reach as many of the books I have stored on my kindle as I could, so I made a list of those plus any others I wanted to be sure to get through this year. I work off of that, but as for specific titles, I just glance through it and decide what I'm in the mood for next.



Welcome to Friday Funnies! Because everyone needs a good laugh on Friday.

(All pictures courtesy of my LOL Pinterest Board or my Geektastic Board.)


SOOO my sister!

Seriously, who comes up with these things? :D

Wookie the Chew
(Star Wars/Winnie the Pooh mashup.)
Who would've thought? So stinkin' cute, tho.

'Cuz, yeah.

Right?

LOL.

Morbid (of course) Walking Dead joke.

The Hobbit/Hunger Games Mashup

Please do!

How do you decide what to read? Any of these pics make you smile? Have a fantastic weekend! 






30 comments :

  1. Hopping through. I love the Wookie - Pooh image. It has a feeling of sadness that I like. Happy-sadness?
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Definitely has that feeling. Makes it compelling. Have a great weekend, Alison!

      Delete
  2. Going off your mood is a great way to go, it makes it easier to get into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Thanks Renee! Hope your weekend is great!

      Delete
  3. Nice! I'm a mood reader in part too! I give priority over to the ARCs and review books, but after that, it's whatever book I am dying to read the most! And there are sooo many too! It's hard sometimes to decide which one to read first!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I have a hard time deciding sometimes, too. So many books, so little time! :D Thanks Jessica!

      Delete
  4. I'm definitely a mood reader as well! This year, I'm doing a challenge where participants schedule books to read each month for the rest of the year! So far, I've done well; it helps get my TBR pile a littler lower! Happy reading! :)

    I'm pretty sure I'm an old Bloglovin' follower, but I'll double-check! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's a great way to motivate yourself. I had a friend recently invite me to book club, which is a similar tactic. I might have to take her up on it. :D Have a fantastic weekend!

      Delete
  5. I'm a mood reader too! I find it helps the most when I'm trying to get out of reading slumps.

    Have a great weekend :)

    New follower via Bloglovin'
    Fathomless Reveries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I agree. Reading something you're really feeling is definitely the best way to get out of slumps. :D Thanks for following Dyane (love your name, btw). I'll make sure I'm following you too. :D

      Delete
  6. I am seriously thinking of doing a TBR Jar. I liked the one Kelley @ Oh, The Books! made for herself. I think it'll be fun. I am starting to choose books differently than I have in the past. I am going to become a mood reader!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good to me. I'm not familiar with a TBR jar, but it sounds like fun! Thanks for stopping by, Charlie! :D

      Delete
  7. My big resource is Goodreads most popular. I'm a mood reader at times - mainly when I've read so many books back to back in the same genre
    new follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! Yeah, I actually keep almost all bookish things, including my comprehensive TBR on Goodreads, so I feel ya. Have a great weekend! :D

      Delete
  8. Goodreads is awesome! I'm a new follower via Bloglovin'. http://angreads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Love Goodreads. Thanks for the follow. I'll do the same! :D

      Delete
  9. I normal ask my sister what she has read in the last few weeks and get my book from there.

    At the moment I don't have as much tome to read as before as I am working on my own book getting our there into the world. xx
    new follower
    http://pavankaur83.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! Yeah I haven't gotten as much reading done as I'd like in the past few months because I have writing to do. So I feel ya. Do that writing, though. There's nothing like it! :D

      Delete
  10. I write a list of books that I have that I want to read during the month, but sometimes I'll find myself downloading new books onto my Kindle just because. I definitely read whatever appeals to me most in the moment! Hope you have a great weekend! Old follower :)
    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I usually do a yearly list of books I want to get through. I'm also usually overly ambitious and don't get through them all, but it helps keep me on track. Thanks Alexandra. We're having a really rainy weekend here in Utah. Hope yours is awesome too!

      Delete
  11. Okay those gifs got me rolling on the floor, loool. I was going to saying something about the question but... loool My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad they made you smile-er, roll on the floor. That IS the idea. :D

      Delete
  12. I'm a list person too :) I keep all my books, especially ARCs from NetGalley on a big spreadsheet so I can keep track of release dates, archive dates & where I've posted reviews. I don't necessarily go in order of release date but I do look at titles that have released dates that passed or are getting ready to come up and then I'll choose from those what sounds good.

    Following on Bloglovin' & GFC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That's an impressive system. Wish I was disciplined enough to do that. :D Thanks Jen!

      Delete
  13. I usually go with whatever I'm in the mood for... I might have to try doing lists or something. I need to get organized!
    Just followed you through GFC and Bloglovin'. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't always help. Sometimes I'm organized but I don't follow my own lists and plans. LOL. Thanks for the follow. Have a great weekend! (I'll visit your FF too)

      Delete
  14. Your blog is too cute! Love the name and the memes are especially funny. New follower via GFC!

    Castles Made of Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Morgan. Glad you liked them! I'll follow you back!

      Delete
  15. Omgsh, Wookie the Chew. I love it! Reading all the books on your Kindle is an amazing idea! I've one-clicked too many books to count and so I have a ton that have just been sitting there, waiting to be read! I should make a resolution to clear my Kindle, too! (:


    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer. Yeah, Wookie the Chew was too cute. Had to post it this week. :D

      Delete