Thursday, May 14, 2015

Follow Friday: Book Organization + Friday Funnies

Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!



How do you organize your books? Either at home on your bookshelves or on your reading-device, or on your bookish platform like Goodreads, Leafmarks or Booklikes. - Suggested by Unconventional Book Views.

By far the biggest way I organize them is on Goodreads. I keep my TBR list there, complete with roughly 60 different shelves. (I'll admit I don't keep up on them very well, though.)

Beyond that, I have several bookshelves in my house, but I don't categorize my books in any particular way on them. (Just however they fit best, because I have more books than room to put them.) I just moved into a new house a few months ago, and I have a built in shelf that runs along two walls of my room. I put all my epic fantasy up there. See?




How about you? What's your favorite categorization technique?



Welcome to Friday Funnies! Because everyone needs a good laugh on Friday.

(All pictures courtesy of my Pinterest boards.)


Yup. Pretty much! :D

LOL. I guess it takes skill to photobomb as a dragon. :D

LOVE this! Awesome way to make kids mind! :D

So true!

LOL.
Totally.
Hope one of these gave you a laugh. Do YOU have any Friday humor to share?

22 comments :

  1. I have no real method to any of my electronic or bookshelf book organisations or rather, I call it organised chaos :) I love your bookshelf pic that you posted -- i think that would look wonderful, filled with books. Here's mine http://editingeverything.com/blog/2015/05/15/feature-and-follow-friday-3-organised-chaos-is-a-valid-form-of-organisation-on-bookshelves/ (followed on Twitter and bloglovin')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Verushka. Hope you had a great weekend. I'll be sure I'm following you as well! :D

      Delete
  2. I am the same as you .My goodreads is super organized and then my bookshelf is not. Nice response, new follower :D

    Maura @ monsterofbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one. :D Thanks for following. I'll be sure to follow you back! :D

      Delete
  3. I just organize by author. Helps me find things easily.

    New GFC follower :)
    Joana (http://best-of-ya.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good system. I guess I really ought to do that with my physical shelves. :D Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I recently started creating shelves on goodreads to organize my books. I think it's the only place I'm truly organized.

    New follower!

    Tina, The Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, might be for me too. It's just so much easier to organize digitally than in real life. LOL. Thanks Tina! I'll follow you back. Hope you had a great weekend!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Christine. I'll visit your FF as well. Glad you liked the gifs. :D

      Delete
  6. OOoh nice! Someday when I can get my own place, I want to fill it with lots of bookcases! Or possibly built in cases if possible! Lots and lots of them! LOL!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'd like an entire room to be a library and have the walls completely covered with built in book cases. That'd be awesome! :D

      Delete
  7. I can't keep up with my Goodreads shelves, besides the three standard ones. I've tried, and failed miserably. I can't remember to ever go add them to additional shelves. My bookcase is organized by genre/likeness, primarily. Although, with two shelves of TBR books it's getting hard to find some of the ones behind the double stack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Yeah my physical shelves are double and triple stacked, with rows and other books shoved into whatever crannies there are. I feel ya. :D Hope you had a great weekend, Charlie!

      Delete
  8. I just organize by author.
    I'm a new Bloglovin and Pinterest follower. Have a great weekend!

    Rosa @ Cat Lady Confidential

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following. Hope you had a great weekend. I'll follow you back! :D

      Delete
  9. I just keep downloading stuff onto my e-reader and/or phone.

    It's getting pretty stuffed. :-/

    Latest post at Rule of the Dice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah my online TBR list is over 700 books and it grows way faster than it shrinks. I don't think I'll ever get through it. It'll just keep growing and growing and growing... :D

      Delete
  10. Most of my books or electronic and the ones that are left are still sitting in boxes. I really need to organize those things. And Benedict is the ultimate photo bomber!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Gotta love that Benedict! :D Thanks Maurice!

      Delete
  11. Nice shelf! I have all of my books in an attic room so I can't have a shelf up high or tall bookshelves but I do have 10 or so bookshelves in there. I organize my genre, and then by author, alphabetically.

    My FF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice. I think that'd be my favorite room! :D Thanks Cayt!

      Delete