Monday, May 25, 2015

Happy Memorial Day, 2015!!!

Happy Memorial Day, Everyone! May God Bless you and yours on this very important holiday!

My family has a tradition of going up Parley's Canyon to have breakfast together bright and early. We start a fire, eat homemade food, have a program where anyone who wants to can tell patriotic stories, say the Pledge of Allegiance, honor my great-grandfather who is a World War II veteran, and then, if the weather is good, play sports together for a few hours. (The weather isn't supposed to be very cooperative this year, so we'll see how long anyone holds out up there.)

I was raised in a very patriotic family, which I consider to be a priceless blessing. So I'll leave you today with some images to help us remember that we live in the greatest country in the world, and it's not something to be taken for granted.

Source
Source
Source
Source
Source

What are you doing to celebrate Memorial Day?

4 comments :

  1. Your day sounds fun.
    I'm a military brat, so I was definitely raised in a patriotic family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have Victoria Day here in Canada, which really doesn't have the same weight as your Memorial Day. Our national military reflection day is Armistice/Remembrance Day in November.

    Our May holiday is usually referred to as "May Two-Four," a "Two-Four" not coincidentally also being the colloquial term for two dozen beer...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures are so touching Liesel. Thanks for sharing them

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alex, it was really fun. Thanks!

    C.D., that's interesting. I confess I know next to nothing about Canadian holidays. Always fun to learn something new. :D

    Maurice, thanks. I thought so too. :D

    ReplyDelete