Monday, November 17, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Sequels I Can't Wait For

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Top 10 Sequels I Can't Wait To Get (All covers courtesy of Goodreads.com unless otherwise linked)

I feel like we've done variations of this question several times, so lots of these I've done before, but oh well. Still want 'em. :D




10. Dreams of Gods and Monsters (Daughter of Smoke and Bone #3) by Laini Taylor -- I know this one is out but I haven't gotten a hold of it yet (maybe for Christmas). I've heard both good and bad things about it, but I can't wait to read it either way.


9. City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments #5) by Cassandra Clare -- This one's been out for a while too, but I haven't gotten around to it. I burned through the first four books in like 2 months, so I can't wait for the latest installment.


8. The Fall by Bethany Griffin -- Okay, this isn't really a sequel. It's more like the next retelling she's doing, but I really loved The Dance/Masque of the Red Death she did. This one is based on The Fall of the House of Usher, which is another favorite Poe story of mine. Can't wait to read it! 


7. Winds of Winter by George R.R. Martin -- I'm not sure when this is coming out, but it says sometime in 2015. I'm going to try and re-read book 5 before it comes out, but I can't wait for the next installment of this awesome series.



6. Skybreaker (The Stormlight Archive #3) by Brandon Sanderson -- Loved books 1 and 2. Can't wait for book 3. Gotta love Sanderson!


5. Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky #3) by Veronica Rossi -- This is another series I may need to re-read, but I've totally loved it, so I need to finish the trilogy. I'm sure it will be fabulous. :D


4. Beast Charming by Jenniffer Wardell -- Like The Fall, this may not exactly be a sequel. But Jenniffer Wardell's debut, Fairy Godmother's Inc., was all kinds of charming. I totally loved it, so I'm totally psyched to read her second book!


3. Dr. Sleep (The Shining #2) by Stephen King -- Though I haven't read The Shining, I did see the film. I heard what the premise for this sequel was and I'm totally curious to see what he does with it. I need to read The Shining first, but then I'll definitely be reading Dr. Sleep.


2. Ruins by Dan Wells -- Cannot wait to read this one! It's probably my favorite dystopian series on the market, and so under-read and under-rated! Can't wait to get book 3!


1. Just for Fins (Fins #3) by Tera Lynn Childs -- I read the first two books and loved them. This is one of those things where I don't particularly care for teenage/YA/high school type stories, and that's exactly what this is, with the mermaid element thrown in. But I loved them! All kinds of charming and kept me laughing. Hysterically. Gotta read the final book. :D



What Top Ten Sequels can you not wait for?

20 comments :

  1. Beast Charming is being added to my list! I loved her first book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Into the Still Blue. Get your hands on it soon. It's amazing. here's mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Into The Still Blue wraps up the series quite nicely! I hope that you enjoy it and the rest of the sequels when you get to them! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dreams for Gods and Monsters was a little meh but it was amazing nonetheless. I believe I gave it 4 stars. I hope you get to read it soon. Great list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Into the Still Blue, Ruins & City of Heavenly Fire are all fantastic! Make sure you have some tissues on hand for the end of Heavenly Fire! I still need to start the DoSaB & ASoIaF! I've been meaning to, but haven't gotten around to it.
    Great list :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear it. (Except I'm scared about the tissues!) Both those series are fantastic as well. Read them next year if you possibly can! :D

      Delete
  6. Into The Still Blue was fantastic. I miss Perry and Aria already!

    TTT @ Krista’s Dust Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read most of these series, although I'm definitely with you on Winds of Winter! In terms of The Shining, the movie was so different in so many ways, and the book is amazing! I re-read it right before Doctor Sleep came out and ended up reading them right in a row -- fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know! Can't wait to get to them! :D

      Delete
  8. The Fall was on my October TBR list, but I didn't get a chance to get to it. Any retelling of an Edgar Allan Poe story is always intriguing to me. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your list :)
    I could never get in to the Mortal Instruments, but the Daughter of Smoke and Bone looks great.
    Cora @ Tea Party Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! You should try them out. Thanks Cora! :D

      Delete
  10. Lots of good ones on that list, but yes to Winds of Winter. I actually took detailed notes after the last book because I knew after two or three years I'd be hopelessly clueless as to all the plot points! I did enjoy re- reading Dance with Dragons, there's so much going on in that book...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I definitely need to re-read it before the 6th one comes out. Thanks Greg! :D

      Delete