Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Harry Potter Re-Read Starts This Month!

Hello Everyone!

This is a start-up post for a read-along I'm participating in. Sheila DeChantal over at Book Journey is doing a Harry Potter Re-Read which will extend from November to March.

I probably shouldn't--just giving myself more work and all--but I haven't read Harry Potter since book 7 first came out. I can't wait to re-visit this wonderful world in book form!

If anyone's interested, click HERE for details or to join us. I'll be participating from House Gryffindor. And because I've read all seven books before, I'm considered a 7th year.

There will be giveaways, points, and other prizes as we go along, so it should be a super-fun read-along. Come join us if you're interested. Meanwhile, you'll see periodic Harry Potter posts from me over the next several months. (Yea!)

What do you think? Do you want to re-read Harry Potter?

12 comments :

  1. I've never even read them the first time. Can I re-watch the movies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're not as good as the books, but sure! Why not? :D

      Delete
    2. Fellow Gryffindor here! I'm only a Fourth Year here. I listened to the first four in audio (as narrated by Jim Dale) this year and I am reading the whole series in print for this read-along.

      FYI, it looks like there is a bit of interest in a tweetchat/live tweetup of the first movie on Novemeber 16. I'll be getting more into the details next week :-)

      I'm @dogearedcopy on twitter :-)

      Dogearedcopy

      Delete
    3. Yeah keep me posted on details. I'll follow you on Twitter. :D

      Delete
  2. I'll have to check this out as I loved the potter books. Not sure I have the time to reread them but following along the post should be fun. Matt @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, Matt! I think it's gonna be a blast! :D

      Delete
  3. Liesel, it's been 7 years since I last read the series, so yep---I think it's time! :) This will be SO much fun! And Alex---pick up the books!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Super excited! :D Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I've read the first 4 books since they last one came out, but I haven't read the last two more than once. I hope you enjoy your re-read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle. I think I'm the same way--I've read the first four or five more than once, but definitely not the last two. And it's been years since I read any at all. I'm already having tons of fun! :D

      Delete
  5. I seriously thought I had commended on all Potter posts but now see I have not :) Working on adding up house points today and will post yet this afternoon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries. It's been a crazy couple of weeks for me as well, and I totally forgot to link it on your site until now. It's linked now, though. I'll try to be more on top of it. Thanks Sheila! :D

      Delete