Thursday, November 13, 2014

Follow Friday: Create a Playlist (or Single Song) for a Book

Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!


Create a playlist for a book - or a single song if you don't want to do an entire playlist - Suggested by This Girl Reads A Lot and Bubbly and Bookish

I would love to do an entire playlist for the Wheel of Time series, but unfortunately I don't have time to put one together this week. I totally envision a different song for every character and battle, but I'm not sure what they'd be.

I always liked the following song for the entire series. It's kind of a sappy love song, but in a way, the series is as much character driven as it is plot driven, so in a way the song is very fitting for every relationship, both romantic and platonic. Plus, the end of the song has these scales that just SOUND epic. I totally envision a trailer for the book to this song, laying out the major conflicts for each character (there would be a lot) and then going into battles and epic fantasy stuff. It would be awesome!


Do you think this would make for good trailer music for an epic fantasy? What book did YOU create a playlist for?

12 comments :

  1. Hopping through. I so need to read Wheel of Time. It's hard to tackle a big series like that though when I have so many things to read.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is. I totally get that. So worth it, though! :D Thanks Alison!

      Delete
  2. I haven't read the Wheel of Time series yet, but you picked a very nice song (it's going to my YouTube Playlist for sure) :D Old follower. (:

    My FF


    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie! Yeah it's a great song either way. Thanks so much for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  3. Ooh nice! I sucked at this question! Like literally no songs came to mind for any book or vice versa. My brain just doesn't program that way I guess! lol

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I'm sure you did fine. Have a great weekend, Jessica!:D

      Delete
  4. The Wheel of Time series made my list too! This is totally not a song I would have associated with it, but now that I've heard it I feel like it kind of fits so far (I've only made it through book 5). Old follower!

    Here's my F&F!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I'll checkout yours then! Yeah keep reading. Book 6 is all kinds of awesome.Most people feel like the series stalls a bit in book 8 and maybe 9, but by the end of 9 it picks up again. And 10 on is great. The ending of the series is AMAZING so just keep at it! Happy Friday! :D

      Delete
  5. I've never made an actual playlist but there was a different song for three of my books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! I ought to do that more for my books. Might enhance the writing. :D

      Delete
  6. I was a little skeptical but I listened and now I can definitely see how this song would remind you of an epic fantasy! Great choice!
    Happy FF! Old follower.
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassi! Yeah, you gotta give it a listen and, at least for me, once I did, I always think epic fantasy now when I hear it. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a great weekend! :D

      Delete