Monday, November 3, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Want to Re-Read

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Top 10 Books I Want to Re-Read


Source
10. Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling -- I haven't read any Harry Potter since book 7 came out. It's been a while! And guess what? I'm gonna get to do this one! Sheila DeChantal is doing a Harry Potter re-read beginning this month. Details HERE if anyone wants to join. So excited!




Source
9. Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis -- Just because I love them and haven't read them in a long time. I don't plan to re-read this series any time soon, but I'd really like to. :D





Source
8. Daughter of Smoke and Bone series by Laini Taylor -- Still haven't read book 3, and I don't plan to until next year, but I'd really like to re-read the entire series. Not sure if it will happen, but I definitely wouldn't mind. :D





Source
7. The Work and the Glory by Gerald N. Lund -- Haven't read these since junior high! They're such great historical fiction novels. I'd love the chance to read them again, hopefully form a whole new opinion now that I write historical fiction myself :D




Source
6. Prelude to Glory by Ron Carter -- Okay, technically, I didn't read this entire series. I read the first couple of books and loved them, but just never finished. I'd love to re-read the first two books and finish the series. 






Source
5. The Sword of Truth by Terry Goodkind -- Unlike Wheel of Time, I've only read this series once. The first few books were especially good and I'd love to revisit them at some point. Loved these characters and this world. 





Source
4. A Song of Fire and Ice by George R.R. Martin -- This probably won't happen any time soon, either. I'm way excited for book 6 to come out next year, though I'll doubt I'll re-read the entire series before diving in. It would just be nice to re-read them what with the HBO series on now and everything. The plot lines of books vs. show are all jumbled in my head. 



Source
3. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien -- I haven't read these since high school, since before the films came out! (Dah!). This is just one that absolutely love and would like to read again. :D





Source
2. The Once and Future King by T.H. White -- I've talked about re-reading this one forever! Probably won't happen before the end of the year, but maybe early next year. :D





Source
1. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins -- I'd really love to re-read this one before the films come out. Not sure it will happen, but book 3 is especially blurry in my head. I remember most of the shocking twists, but not many of the details. 




What top ten books do you want to re-read?

16 comments :

  1. I'd love to reread Harry Potter. It's just finding the time to reread!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Time is the biggest factor. Sheila DeChantel over at Book Journey is hosting a Potter Read-Along starting this month if you're interested. Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  2. I totally forgot to include Harry in my list. But Harry's always a given!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah,definitely a given. We'll probably see lots of him today. Thanks Jessica! :D

      Delete
  3. Harry Potter and Narnia made my list too! Those are a couple of my favorites! I love the LotR movies and the Tolkien books -other- than LotR, but for some reason I've never been able to get through all three books... Thanks for shairng!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah gotta love those fantasy series. Thanks Tracy. Happy Tuesday! :D

      Delete
  4. I read Harry Potter every year and NEVER get tired of it! And I very recently reread the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series for prep for the third installment, you NEED TO GET ONTO THAT! It was beautiful <3
    Also wouldn't mind reading Mockingjay again before the movie - good idea :)
    Great list :)
    I'm a new follower! Here's my Top 10 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Taneika! Yeah I can't wait to read book 3 of that series. So excited! :D

      Delete
  5. HP is also on my list and thank you for sharing about that readalong because I think I may just have to sign up! The winter is the perfect season for Harry Potter :)

    My TTT
    -Maggie @ macarons & paperbacks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Love curling up with Potter when it's cold. Thanks Maggie! Happy Tuesday! :D

      Delete
  6. Harry Potter is the quintessential reread book! I'm seeing a lot of The Chronicles of Narnia today and despite the fact that I just got the whole series at a thrift shop, I didn't even think to include it. Great list!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassie. Yeah HP and Naria are great re-reads! Thanks for stopping by. Happy Tuesday!

      Delete
  7. I was just thinking recently that I haven't read The Lord of the Rings in a long time. Might be time again soon... and Ice and Fire I've reread twice, that might be enough even though it's hard to remember every thing! That's just a lot of re- reading in that particular case! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it definitely is. I'm currently re-reading The Wheel of Time, which is actually much longer than Ice and Fire, though the writing is easier to read and that makes a big difference. It's fun to go back and read long epic series, though, because you pick up on things you couldn't possibly notice the first time through. :D

      Delete
  8. I'd kind of like to buzz through Mockingjay again as well, mostly because I listened to it on audio so I feel like I missed some details while sobbing, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? There was definitely sobbing. Hopefully we both get through it before the film comes out. Thanks Anya! :D

      Delete