Monday, November 10, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Characters Who Should Have Their Own Book

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Top 10 Characters I Wish Would Get Their Own Book

Source
9. Reepicheep of The Chronicles of Narnia -- He was one of the funnest characters in the series. An intelligent, courageous swash-buckling mouse definitely deserves his own book. I envision a Stuart Little/Pirates of the Caribbean hybrid. It'd be so entertaining!





Source
8. Arya of A Song of Ice and Fire -- My favorite character! She's so adventurous and I kind of wish she had her own book because she's my fave to read about and in book 5 she only had two chapters. Two chapter! Mr. Martin, you'd better give me more with book 6.




Source



7. Tam al'Thor of Wheel of Time -- Before his death, it was rumored that Robert Jordan was going to write more prequels. (New Spring was immensely successful.) One of the things he wanted to write about was Tam finding Rand during the Aiel War. I SO wish he could have written that book. I want it!

6. Nynaeve and Lan of Wheel of Time -- You'd have to have one with the other, so I included them both. If I had any objections at all to the way the series ended, it's that we didn't get much afterward. I want to see Nynaeve and Lan after...the ending. (Trying not to spoil.) There's just so much potential there. (Jordan should have written appendices, like Tolkien did.)





Source
5. Ron and Hermione of Harry Potter -- Again, I'd love to see some adventures with them as married adults. I'd be fun if they teamed up to go after minor evil wizards or something. Have Harry walk through a few scenes. It'd be like Rozencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead. Tell the story through them with the more central characters from the series as the background.

4. Zuzana of Daughter of Smoke and Bone -- The MC's best friend is hysterical! I love her. Totally give her her own book. 

Source


3. Matrim Cauthon of Wheel of Time -- Hilarious with all kinds of sexist anecdotes about women. Mat gets into all kinds of trouble, but manages to be a bada** all the same. He definitely needs his own book. (And like #6, I'd love an afterward with him. See him in his new surroundings, you know?)



Source



2. Tyrion Lannister of A Song of Ice and Fire -- I don't think I need to explain this one. He's the most intelligent, witty, harsh-tongued character in the series. My family sits around watching the HBO show and talking about how no one would be a better king of Westeros than Tyrion. 



Source


1. Loial of Wheel of Time -- I'd LOVE a book about Loial! Yeah I know, he'd probably sit around writing his book a lot, but throw in a battle or two so the Ogier can fight with their axes, and maybe some sweet romance stuff with Erith and it would just be charming. I want a Loial book!



That's all I could come up with. How about you?



Which characters do you think deserve their own books?

13 comments :

  1. I'd love more Harry Potter stories. It would be interesting to see their lives as married adults.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Thanks Chrissi. Happy Tuesday! :D

      Delete
  2. I'd love a book from Zuzana's point of view! Her relationship with Mik is so sweet and so interesting and I'd love to see more of them.

    Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. She always had the best dialogue, so it'd be great to be inside her head. Thanks for stopping by, Kayla. :D

      Delete
  3. I will never read enough of Zuzana! XD Although, admittedly I haven't read the last book...I kind of don't want it to end!! But if it was a whole book by her, I would so be reading it. xD Mik and her are adorable.
    Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read book 3 yet either, but I hope to soon. It's definitely sad when a great series ends. Thanks Cait!

      Delete
  4. Always up for more from our Harry Potter gang! Whoever the character is really!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I'd read something from just about any of them. Thanks Jessica!

      Delete
  5. Oh. I've never read any of those book but they seem great!
    HERE'S MY TOP TEN TUESDAY!

    NEW FOLLOWER VIA BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow, Christine! I'll be sure to follow you back. :D

      Delete
  6. Great list! I reckon a book featuring only Tyrion Lannister (pre-ASOS) would make for fun reading ;)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it definitely would. I'd love a prequel about him in his younger years, though I suppose that's bound to be all kinds of tragic. :(

      Delete
  7. Okay, have to agree with Arya and Tyrion. Although technically, I guess Tyrion does take up a good chunk of space in the series...Whatever, he's still got half a lifetime of backstory to explore.

    ReplyDelete