Thursday, May 1, 2014

Follow Friday: Non-Bookish Hobbies

Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!


Share! Tell about one of your hobbies that is NOT reading.

Other than reading and writing, my most dominant hobby is probably food. I worked in food service all through high school and to put myself through college. I helped run a deli operation under a professional chef. I love experimenting with recipes, doing different kinds of substitutions to make recipes more healthy, and especially just making it all look pretty! Below are some of the things I've made.


Kit Kat cake for Halloween!

Pizza with healthy cauliflower crust. So good!

Ridiculously yummy choco-peanut butter cake for my bro's birthday!

So, what hobbies occupy your time other than reading?

27 comments :

  1. It all looks so yummy! And...now I'm hungry lol. Old follower.
    This Girl Reads Alot F&F

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that looked delicious!! mind if I take a bite? lol ;) Old follower! have a great Friday! My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Feli! I don't mind in the least. :D Right back at ya!

      Delete
  3. Hopping through. Wow, that kit kat cake looks fabulous. I love kit kats.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look so delicious..:)
    Do share the recipe for the healthy cauliflower crust pizza..
    Old follower..

    -Njkinny @Njkinny's World of Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nikita. For the recipe, I'll direct you to this link. It's my Pinterest board that has the recipe on it. Just scroll down. Can't miss it. :D

      Delete
  5. Wow that Kit-Kat cake made me hungry! Pretty darn cool hobby. Have a great weekend.

    Lacie @ Rainy Dayz Reviewz
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Kit-Kat cake is awesome! I'd hire you.
    My hobby - the guitar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex! The guitar is kind of on my bucket list. Just haven't ever gotten around to it. :D

      Delete
  7. That all looks so great! I wish I made more time to bake/cook. I really enjoy it, but always find something else to do (:

    Tina @ Pages of Comfort - following via bloglovin
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you definitely have to plan for it. Thanks Tina. Have a great weekend! :D

      Delete
  8. Those pictures are making me hungry! haha. That's a really cool hobby!

    Elizabeth @ Redhead Reader - old bloglovin follower

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth. Have a great rest of your weekend! :D

      Delete
  9. Can you ship that peanut butter cake to me? lol A non-bookish hobby of wine is saving bottle caps & wine corks to turn into something up-cycled! followed on G+

    My #FF @MissBehavior

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great hobby, too! Good for you. Thanks for following. Have a wonderful weekend! :D

      Delete
  10. Chocolate and PB are my favorite combo! Old facebook follower :)

    I hope you can stop by and visit:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2014/05/feature-and-follow-hobbies-5214.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favorite combos too! I'll do that, Colletta! Thanks, and have a great weekend.

      Delete
  11. I love that kit-kat cake! Actually it all looks yummy!!
    New Bloglovin' Follower

    Jenny @ She Imagined it
    My FF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny, and for stopping by! Have a great one! :D

      Delete
  12. Wow! They all look amazing! Old follower. My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Greg. Have a nice weekend! :D

      Delete
  13. YUM! the pizza with the cauliflower crust looks so good! You should share your recipes, Liesel.

    Thanks for stopping by earlier.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! :D And thanks. I keep most of my recipes on pinterest boards if you want them: pinterest.com/lkhillbooks. Have a great weekend, Lexxie! :D

      Delete
    2. Definitely going to check out the pizza crust! I love to cook as well. When I was a kid I used to pretend I was on cooking shows while making cookies and no one was around.

      Old follower!

      Terri M. LeBlanc
      Second Run Reviews

      Delete