Pages
- Home
- Welcome!
- Current Contest: Desolate Mantle
- Giveaways!
- Advice for Writers
- Visit My Website!
- Crime Fiction: The Botanist
- High Fantasy: Dragon Magic
- The Walking Dead!!!
- Thoughts For Thursday
- Signings and Events
- Contact and Links
- Dystopian: Interchron Series
- Historical Fiction: Kremlins Series
- Crime Fiction: Street Games Series
Thursday, May 8, 2014
Follow Friday: Favorite Authors
Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.
The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!
How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!
What living author or authors would you like to have dinner with?
There are so many!
First and foremost, Brandon Sanderson. He helped finish off my favorite series of all time--Wheel of Time--and now I am immensely enjoying his Stormlight Archives series. Would love to pick his brain!
I just finished reading the Soul Screamers series, and I'd love to dine with Rachel Vincent, who incidentally I'm friends with on Facebook. :D
Katie McGarry. I actually am not a fan of contemporary, but I think I'd read anything she ever writes. I'd love to talk to her about what makes her stories and characters so different, so much more compelling, than most in her genre.
The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!
How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!
What living author or authors would you like to have dinner with?
There are so many!
First and foremost, Brandon Sanderson. He helped finish off my favorite series of all time--Wheel of Time--and now I am immensely enjoying his Stormlight Archives series. Would love to pick his brain!
I just finished reading the Soul Screamers series, and I'd love to dine with Rachel Vincent, who incidentally I'm friends with on Facebook. :D
Katie McGarry. I actually am not a fan of contemporary, but I think I'd read anything she ever writes. I'd love to talk to her about what makes her stories and characters so different, so much more compelling, than most in her genre.
Markus Zusak. The Book Thief is one of the most touching books I've read in a long time. I'd love to speak with the author about his inspiration, motivation, and process while writing it!
Cassandra Clare--Worldwide best-selling author. 'Nuf said.
I could probably go on and on--there's so many great authors writing today!!--but these were the ones that came to mind first!
What authors would you like to have dinner with?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)






Marcus is a wonderful pick. The Book Thief is an amazing, moving novel. Have you read I Am the Messenger by the same author?
ReplyDeleteNo, I haven't Terri. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the recommendation! :D Happy Friday!
DeleteI picked Shelly Laurenston. I agree their are so many great authors to pick from.
ReplyDeleteI followed you on bloglovin'
Diane @ Diane's Book Blog
Thanks Diane! I'll be sure to follow you back. Happy Friday! :D
DeleteI love Katie McGarry, also! Her books have helped me a lot :)
ReplyDeleteNew follower via GFC
Fathomless Reveries
Yup, gotta love her! THanks Pauline! :D Have a great weekend!
DeleteNice!! I didn't get to answer this question! I already had answered what was supposed to be this week's question so I will do this one next week! Not sure why they decided to go with another question at the last minute! Makes me crazy when I thought I was ahead of the game! :)
ReplyDeleteHere's my Follow Friday
Have a GREAT weekend!
Old Follower :)
I feel ya! I've had that happen before, too. Thanks for stopping by Jessica. Happy Friday!
DeleteI've heard that The book thief is a great read.
ReplyDeleteMy FF. Old bloglovin, new GFC follower.
broken link above. Here's My FF. >.<
DeleteThe Book Thief is amazing! You should read it if you can. Your name is super close to mine and, incidentally, my name is the name of the main character in The Book Thief. :D Thanks so much for stopping by. I'll visit your link!
DeleteI love you list and I have to agree with the majority of it. Marcus Zusak and Cassandra Clare are at the top though.
ReplyDeleteMy FF
Old follower.
Thanks Olgia! Happy Friday!
DeleteI've only heard of Cassandra Clare out of those authors. And I've actually only read one of her books. :) But those are some good picks. I hope you actually get to meet them one day.
ReplyDeleteHave a good weekend!
My F&F
Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews
Thanks Whitney! Happy Friday! :D
DeleteLove Cassandra Clare's work. Great choice!
ReplyDeleteNew Follower via Bloglovin!
My #FF
-Amanda @ Escaping Reality Within Pages
oops meant to put Old Follower, lol.
ReplyDeleteThanks Amanda! Have a great rest of the weekend! :D
DeleteRachel Vincent is a good choice!
ReplyDeleteI'm a follower.