Thursday, May 15, 2014

Follow Friday: Non-Book Guilty Pleasures

Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!


What are your non-book guilty pleasures? Like TV shows, food, websites, hobbies, etc?

Um, you know, all of the above? 


From "The Walking Dead" Source
TV is definitely a guilty pleasure for me. There are such compelling shows on TV these days. The writers do such a good job with plot arcs and character development. I excuse watching a lot (and I do mean A LOT) of them by saying it's good research for my own writing. *snickers* Totally legit, right? Just like this post is a totally legit reason to put a Walking Dead picture on my blog. :D

I talked in last week's post about my food hobby. Whenever I need a break from my computer, I can often be found experimenting with recipes in the kitchen.

Websites? My biggest guilty pleasure is Pinterest. More than Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, or any other website, social or otherwise, I can waste HOURS on Pinterest. I look at everything from historical pictures to memes from my favorite shows (incidentally where the Walking Dead pic came from) to recipes on recipes on recipes. I really have to discipline myself not to get too carried away. Check out my boards HERE.


Source
The other one is listening to my headphones. I do this to unwind and often use it to think my way through snags in the plots of my own stories. I don't do a whole lot of listening to the actual music. Rather, I use it as a background for relaxing my mind and just kind of letting it wander. I do get a lot of great thinking and plotting done that way, but I can waste away hours doing it, too, so I have to give myself a time limit. I'm sure it looks crazy to anyone else--like I just stare at a blank wall with my headphones on for long periods. No wonder so many people think writers are crazy. Hehe.

What are YOUR non-book guilty pleasures?

16 comments :

  1. I dont spend much time on Pinterest although I do like the site, and I'm never anywhere without my headphones! :) Thanks for stopping by my F&F. Old Follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a great weekend, Jazmen! Thanks for stopping by mine as well. :D

      Delete
  2. I also love The Walking Dead! I've never really gotten addicted to Pinterest but I have gotten into searching for clothes on there to make my book look posts! I love putting outfits together to match a book cover.

    Old GFC follower. New G+, pinterest, goodreads, and twitter follower!

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jennifer. Yeah, I have a fashion board on Pinterest just for outfits and fashions that I like. That's the extent of what I do with clothes, but I can totally see that Pinterest would be great for it. I thought this past season of TWD was the best ever! Can't wait for the next one to start! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Oh yes I love Pinterest!! I don't watch a lot of TV though, unless its Come Dine With Me (not sure if you have that in US??) . . .
    I really thought I was already a follower but clearly not, SORRY!!
    Kirsty @ All in One Place
    http://kvlovesbooks.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/feature-and-follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't think we have that one in the US. Sounds interesting, though. Thanks for following! :D

      Delete
  4. Pinterest so far hasn't really worked for me but then I spend more than enough time on Tumblr, which is just one of the best websites ever! And don't get me started on TV! I have been saving The Walking Dead for when I finish catching up with my other shows. I'm currently knee-deep in Hawaii Five-0 and eagerly awaiting each new Game of Thrones episode! I hope you have a great weekend :)
    My Friday post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really should explore Tumblr. It's one I haven't ventured into yet. I also really enjoy Game of Thrones (the last episode was amazing!) but never did get much into Hawaii Five-O. Hope you get to The Walking Dead over the summer. It's SOOO addictive. If you love the dark, character-driven aspects of GoT, you'll love TWD as well. Have a great weekend, Juli! :D

      Delete
  5. I don't spend as much time on pinterest as I use to but it is a great source of ideas! Already following.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Anytime I need any ideas for anything, or want to know how to do anything, I just open up my trusty Pinterest app. Thanks so much for stopping by. Happy Friday!

      Delete
  6. I love listening to Reggae Liesel! It reminds me of my Dad's West Indian parties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those sound like fun, Maurice! I'd be interested to hear more about those parties. :D

      Delete
  7. I'll forget about Pinterest all together for a while and then I go on a binge and can spend forever looking around. New Bloglovin follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Pinterest has that effect on people. LOL. Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  8. I love the Walking Dead. I never get a chance to watch it.
    I'm already a follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, it's coming back in October, so you've got 4-5 months to catch up. This most recent season was AMAZING. You should really get on that. :D Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete