Sunday, April 20, 2014
Winter's Heart Read-Along, Week 3
***Again, so sorry everyone for being so late with the questions this week. I just moved into a new place--been doing that all week--and I didn't get my internet up until 9 pm last night. And I've been so crazy busy that it slipped my mind that it was my week for questions. So sorry about that. I hope everyone did okay with what I sent!***
Welcome to week 3 of our Winter's Heart read-along. This week we read chapters 8-11. Remember that everything in this section as well as everything that came before is fair game for spoilers so read at your own risk!
I actually think this is a really smart plan. It's the kind of thing that might take years to come to fruition, and I doubt they have that kind of time until Tarmon Gai'don, but so far trying to defeat the Seanchan through force of arms hasn't worked. This is the kind of thing that will shake the foundations of their belief system. It might be the the one thing that will work in the long run.
2. It seems the Borderlanders are on the borders of Andor. We last saw the leaders making a pact in the Borderlands. What do you think they're up to and what does it have to do with Andor?
I can't remember the details of their plan for certain, but I think it's obvious that they're looking for Rand. They've left the Borderlands and are sudden found in places where Rand has been recently. I'm just surprised they got so far without being noticed yet. Now Elayne will have to figure out how to deal.
3. Egwene, Nynaeve and Elayne meet in the World of Dreams and there are several people spying on them. Who do you think the multiple eavesdroppers are and what are their plans. Did they hear anything that might be damning to our girls?
We find out a partial answer to this in a part of the chapter from the POV of the black ajah Aes Sedai, but they weren't the only ones listening. The man who let them see him and looked like Rand? Pretty sure I remember who that was, but I won't say, and I'm not totally certain. For the other unknowns, I think there's a good chance it could be one of the Forsaken. Our supergirls need to bemore careful in the future.
4. Newly captained Mellor is Daved Hanlon! Ahhh! What does this mean? What are he and "Lady" Shiane up to?
Be afraid, Elayne! Be very afraid! Whatever they're planning can't be good. And now he's very close to Elayne. Not that she's totally vulnerable. She has Brigitte and Aviendha to guard her back, but it's still disturbing, especially considering how twisted we know he is. Obviously whatever they're planning has to do with Elayne and Andor. My guess would be that they'll try to get to Rand through her in some way.
5. At the end of chapter 11, Nynaeve has a "plan" that neither Rand or Lan are too fond of. What do you think it is? Predictions?
Yeah, I know what it is. This is a thread I remember pretty well. I won't say much, except that I like it. It's an interesting story line.
6. We might finally get Rand, Elayne, Aviendha, and Elayne in the same room together. Predictions?
Again, I know what will happen. I doesn't disappoint. :D
I don't have much more to say this week. This section felt very much like a setup for the rest of the book, but it was great for all that. I'm glad that some of our main characters have reunited after so long. Now it's time for the good stuff!
*rubs hands together*
What did everyone else think of this section?