Monday, December 9, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday--Winter Reading Lists

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Top 10 Books on my Winter TBR List 

In general:


Source

10. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak--Haven't read this one before but it's on my kindle and I can't wait!



Source

9. The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson--I made a goal to read some Sanderson books this year (besides his Wheel of Time installments) and then got invited to join a read-along. I figured, why not? Might as well start early.


Source

8. City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare--need to finish this series, at least the ones that are out. I understand the next installment, out in May, will be the final book in the series, so waiting so long to read them actually turned out to be good timing on my part. :D
Source


7. City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare




Books I Might have accidentally bought myself on Cyber Monday (*does innocent little laugh*) and now can't wait to read:


Source

6. Allegiant by Veronica Roth--for obvious reasons




Source

5. Enclave by Ann Aguirre--this has been on my TBR FOREVER! I hope it's not a disappointment.

4.
Source
The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraithe (a.k.a. J.K.Rowling
--I never read The Casual Vacancy and I know both that and this one have gotten some criticism, but I'm interested to see how Rowling handles crime fiction, as I dabble in it myself.


Source


3. Dare You To by Katie McGarry--It's been over a year since I read Pushing the Limits. Can't read to read more McGarry. 

Series that have been either on my shelf or my kindle FOREVER and am making it a priority to get to this year:

2. Soulscreamers by Rachel Vincent--on the shelf, staring at me.


Source
1. (Rest of) the Beautiful Creatures series by Kami Garcia--on the kindle, staring at me. Already read book 1 and really enjoyed it but need to get to the rest, now.


Source
What books are at the top of your winter reading list?

10 comments :

  1. oooh nice! I love Allegiant and the Soul Screamers series! Good luck with reading them all this winter!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoy The Book Thief! It's one of my favourite books. Hehe, I'm also taking part in The Way of Kings read-along (been meaning to re-read the book for some time now, figured this was the best way to get around to it, lol). Happy reading! :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I held out on cyper Monday - and all the other days this month. I have a ton of books on my wishlist so I promised I wouldn't buy anything for myself. That said, THE BOOK THIEF was on my list until Thanksgiving - I read it that weekend (finally!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the books I've already read and that are on your list, Liesel. The Soulscreamer series is pretty awesome :)

    Thanks for stopping by earlier :) Have a terrific Tuesday.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Book Thief is great! Hope you enjoy it. I also really want to read Cassandra Clare's series; I've heard such great things about them, so hopefully I can buy them soon! I also really want to read Allegiant, so that and Insurgent are on my TTT. And I would like to finish the Beautiful Creatures series, as well as read The Cuckoo's Calling. Love this list!

    Tina @ Pages of Comfort
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! I really enjoyed Dare You To and Crash Into You, and I hope you like them as well. Don't feel guilty about Cyber Monday. Had I not been on an epic road trip, I absolutely would have gone bananas as well. :)

    Mary @ Mary Had a Little Book Blog
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need to reread The Book Thief -- it's been a couple of years, and I feel like I've lost a lot of the details (especially since my husband is reading it right now and keeps asking me questions!). I enjoyed The Cuckoo's Calling, much more so than The Casual Vacancy. Looks like a great list -- enjoy!!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some great books here! You have to read The Book Thief asap! Read it last month and it's one of the most beautiful and emotive books I have ever read! Enclave is also on my winter TBR list. It looks like such a good book! Great list :)

    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/top-ten-tuesday-winter-tbr.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to finally read the book thief!

    ReplyDelete