Monday, December 16, 2013

Top Ten New Authors (To Me) for 2013

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Top 10 New-to-Me Authors I Read in 2013 (pictures courtesy of goodreads.com unless otherwise linked)

This one's easy! I think MOST of the authors I read in 2013 were new to me, so I'll go with my faves! :D In no particular order:

10. Eric Bishop--wrote a great modern western that I loved! Check out The Samaritan's Pistol!












9. Jennifer Stewart-Griffin--I read her book, Big in Japan, at the beginning of the year, but wold love to read it again. Such a great story! So entertaining!














8. Lehua Parker--I really don't like middle grade as a rule, but I love Lehua's Hawaiian-set shark/boy story. It's so fun!




7. The Brothers Washburn--I was so impressed by the creep factor of this amazing YA horror story.















6. Kendare Blake--I read book 1 early in the year and then just recently read book 2. Both are amazingly well-written books and now my little brothers are reading them. Yea!


Source
















5. Bethany Griffin--Like Kendare Blake, she wrote an amazing duology that everyone wished was a trilogy or longer series because it was just that good.


Source
















4. Veronica Rossi--Obviously. I've read the first two books of the Under the Never Sky series, and probably won't get to the third one until the new year, but it's still fun to have read the entire series in roughly a year's time.







3. Veronica Roth--Other Veronica. Same here. I read Divergent early this year, Insurgent in the fall, and now I have Allegiant on my kindle. Probably won't get to it this month, but soon.


Source















2. Tera Lynn Childs--Probably my favorite of the mermaid authors. So much fun!






1. Laini Taylor--Read Daughter and Days both this year. Cannot wait for Dreams of Gods and Monsters!





That's all of mine. What authors were new to YOU in 2013?

11 comments :

  1. Interesting list! I haven't read any of these books from these authors but some of them are familiar to me :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Veronicas! UTNS is one of my favorite trilogies and I really enjoyed the Divergent series. I actually liked Allegiant's ending, it made perfect sense to me. I'm going to start Daughter of Smoke and Bone soon, I hope it's amazing like everyone says it is.

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Veronica Rossi and Tera Lynn Childs are really great authors!
    Great list ;-)
    Em @ http://theyabookbutterfly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you met the great work of Veronica Rossi. She was a new one for me last year. Her series is simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only authors from your list that I'm already familiar with are Veronica Roth and Kendare Blake. I have some of the others on my TBR, but I can see that I should check out some more.

    Great list, Liesel. Have a terrific Tuesday :)

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looooove Kendare and Veronica Roth! Great list!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woot Laini Taylor :D Next year is going to rock so hard when it comes to trilogy finales!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. An interesting list Liesel. When the Divergent movie comes out next year I'm sure Roth will be more well known.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read any of these -- but I keep hearing that I need to read the Smoke & Bone series, and of course everyone raves about Divergent! I'll need to check some of these out. Thanks!

    Lisa @ Bookshelf Fantasies

    ReplyDelete
  10. Laini, TLC, and the Veronicas! I love all four of them! Seriously great list. I'm hoping to read Anna Dressed in Blood in 2014 so maybe I'll have Kendare on my list next year!

    Mary @ Mary Had a Little Book Blog
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Veronica Rossi and Veronica Roth both made my list too. Such amazing series, kinda with I had never read them so I get to read them for the first time all over again. Can't wait for Into the Still Blue to be released too! :D Great list!

    ReplyDelete