Monday, December 2, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: 2014 Releases

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Top 10 2014 Releases I'm Dying to Read (all covers courtesy of goodreads.com)

Honestly, future releases are hard for me. I don't keep up with them. With many of these, I am looking forward to them, but often I haven't actually read the series yet. I just know that I soon will, so I'm glad to see another book for that series coming out. Pathetic? Yeah, a little. But still... Even considering that, I could only come up with eight.

Books Whose Series I Haven't Read Yet, but Hope to This Year:





8. Cress (Lunar Chronicles #3) by Marissa Meyer--everyone I know, including my niece, loves these, so I really need to get to them. Releases February 4, 2014.



7. Opposition (Lux #5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout -- I really need to read me some Armentrout this year! Releases August 5, 2014.



6. Ignite Me by Tehereh Mafi--Book 1 is sitting on my kindle. Staring at me. Literally. Releases February 4, 2014.



5. The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin -- Been on my TBR list for over a year! Releases June 10, 2014.



4. The Unbound (Archived #2) by Victoria Schwab -- I've heard mixed reviews about book 1, but the premise is so unique, I just gotta try it out for myself! Releases January 28, 2014.





Books Whose Series I HAVE Read and Can't Wait to Read the Next Installment: 





3. Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi--can't wait to read this! Love Aria and Perry! Releases January 28, 2014.



2. Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor -- so excited for this! Love the cover, love the title, love everything! Releases April 8, 2014.




1. City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare --
I still have two books to read in this series, but I'm loving it, so I'm glad to see there's another one on the horizon. Releases May 2014.





What top ten 2014 releases are you excited for?

12 comments :

  1. You do! The whole series is great, and CRESS is the fattest of the three! Yes, the final LUX book! I can finally read this series! I could only handle one cliffhanger series at a time, so I've been buying these and sitting on them!! MARA DYER, *finally* Been a long time coming! THE UNBOUND is another one where I was waiting until more books were out to read this series! INTO THE STILL BLUE...I can finally read this series! Another one I waited on! I need to re-read the first book from Laini Taylor and get back into this series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting list! Cress is definitely popping up in a lot of people's lists this week. I haven't read any books from any of the other authors listed in your list this week but they all sound very interesting :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Opposition made my list! Thought to stick with releases with covers but that changed quickly!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for Cress & The Unbound from these, I adore the Lunar Chronicles, and The Archived was really unique & I loved it, so I hope you'll enjoy them when you get to them. As for the others, I still need to read them or catch up, I'm so behind, but definitely great list :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't read enough books to make a top ten list (unfortunately) but I love the look of "Into the Steal Blue."

    ReplyDelete
  6. What about the second Dark Remnants book (the title escapes me right this second)? Also the first installment of Kremlins. Also the third Interchron. I'm not sure if the Dragon Magic is a series but we could pretend for this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry. I meant Street Games not Dark Remnants.

      Delete
  7. Oo, when you start the Lunar Chronicles trilogy, don't be disheartened if you're not super into Cinder, Scarlet and Cress are even better :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep thinking I need to start the Lunar Chronicles books as well -- if only because I love the cover of Cress!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great picks! A lot of these made my own list, but I need to read the whole series for them - Archived, Shatter Me, Lunar Chronices, Lux and Daughter of Smoke and Bone. I'm excited to get to all of them next year. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cress, Ignite Me, and Into The Still Blue are all going to be amazing! Thanks for sharing, great list.
    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your list this week! Allow me to join the crowd of people encouraging you to read Lunar Chronicles, Shatter Me, and Mara Dyer. They really are must-reads! I hope you can get to them soon!

    Mary @ Mary Had a Little Book Blog
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete