Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Death Bridges and Japanese Photography: A Creative Exercise

Creative exercise: Look at this great picture I found on pinterest.com--I pinned it on my SciFi/Fantasy Board--and share what you see. It made me think of Fantasia from The Neverending Story. What is this land? Who is the man? Where is he headed? Who or what is at the tree? What does it all mean? The more surreal or detail-oriented, the better.

Kiyo Murakami 1976, Japanese Fine Art Photographer, courtesy of Pinterest.com
Here's what I came up with:

This old man is walking the Bridge of Death that crosses the timeline of his life. Every leaf and puddle and cloud below represents an experience or obstacle he overcame in the ether of his life. When he reaches the tree, he will encounter the one thing he was never able to overcome in life, and face it with all the wisdom and experience of of the eternities, while the clouds roil overhead, waiting to see if he will triumph.

What's your take on this picture?

1 comment :

  1. I would make a movie about an existential movie about a old man traveling across the only path in a dystopian landscape to see his granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete