Thursday, December 12, 2013

Follow Friday: Up-selling Random Books! :D

Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!


Bookselling Time: Go to your biggest bookcases. Go to the second shelf from the top and pick out the sixth book from the left. Hand sell that book to us - even if you haven’t read it or if you hated it. 


So I have two blogs and LOTS of shelves. I picked the two largest to do each post with. Check out my other blog to see my other pick. The book on my shelf in that position is called How to Write a Damn Good Novel by James Frey. I read this book years ago in college and really enjoyed it. It's a bit dated now in terms of technology and doesn't have anything about publishing, online stuff, Amazon, etc. But that's okay in this case. He focuses solely on story and the actual writing, and he's got some great tips and advice. I really ought to re-read this book. It's a great tool for any aspiring writer.


Written in a clear, crisp, accessible style, this book is perfect for beginners as well as professional writers who need a crash course in the down-to-earth basics of storytelling. Talent and inspiration can't be taught, but Frey does provide scores of helpful suggestions and sensible rules and principles. 

An international bestseller, How to Write a Damn Good Novel will enable all writers to face that intimidating first page, keep them on track when they falter, and help them recognize, analyze, and correct the problems in their own work.



What are you up-selling this week? 

5 comments :

  1. OOh nice! I know I should read those kinds of books myself to help me out with my writing and whatnot, but I could never get into the textbook kind of books.

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to pick it up.
    I'm at work so I can't recall what is on that particular shelf. I think that's where my Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child books are located. Their Agent Pendergast books are just perfect reads - like watching a movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading those kinds of books, even if I don't plan on actually writing anything else than essays and thesis papers :)

    Thanks for stopping by earlier. Happy Friday!

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds awesom! Haha
    New Bloglovin and GFC follower! :)
    My FF: http://smartysmartie.blogspot.ie/2013/12/feature-and-follow-friday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds interesting.
    New follower on GFC & Twitter
    You can follow me below

    Kismet Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete