Thursday, December 13, 2012

Red Dawn Movie Review + Thoughts for Thursday--15

Red Dawn Movie Review

I finally got around to seeing Red Dawn. It was awesome! Don't think there's a whole lot more to say than that. Totally made me want to buy a truck and load it with guns, ammo, and survival supplies, but hey! That's what good entertainment's all about, right?

My family was big on the old version of this movie. You know, the one that came out the year I was born and featured Patrick Swayze at about eighteen and Charlie Sheen as a twelve-year-old. Anyway, my mom always told me about how my grandmother sent it to her, saying it was a great show. My poor parents sat down to watch it together, expecting a happy, fuzzy, family-friendly show. Needless to say they were pretty shocked when Cuban insurgents parachuted onto a high school football field and opened fire on all the students. 

I didn't see the film until I was a teenager, but I loved it. Despite being dated, it was a touching story and tremendously tragic. Yet, awesome in all it's awesomeness.

When I saw that they were remaking it--and with Chris Hemsworth front and center no less, I was WAY excited! And the movie did not disappoint. The first ten minutes are ridiculously intense and are followed by a great film. It's still tragic, though they changed the story line a bit from the original. Still the same gist, though. 

The characterizations were great and they still manage to shock the audience a few times. If you want a great film, this is the one to see. 



Thoughts for Thursday--15


Image credit: 
devor / 123RF Stock Photo
Thoughts for Thursday is a new meme hosted by Musings on Fantasia and LKHill.  In this meme, we share thoughts or quotes that we know or have recently come across. Each week there is a specific subject or theme. These can be quotes from books, quotes by famous people, (quotes by YOU, perhaps ;D). Anything from anywhere is game, though we do ask that you keep your quote to a few sentences at most. Don't quote, for example, entire passages of a book or essay. These can be funny quips, cool sayings, hair-raising antidotes, movie lines, any kind of quote you can think of!

Readers may respond by either commenting on the quotes I put forward or contributing a quote of their own.

Just have fun, collect awesome sayings by awesome people, and try to be inspired!

This week's theme is abundance!!!


"When you are grateful, fear disappears and abundance appears."--Anthony Robbins
"Happy people produce. Bored people consume."--Stephen Richards
"Doing what you love is the cornerstone of having abundance in your life."--Wayne Dyer
"Not what we have but what we enjoy constitutes our abundance."--Epicurus
"From abundance springs satiety."--Titus Livius


What are your thoughts on abundance? Which quote is your favorite? Do you have one to add?

4 comments :

  1. I am really surprised about this review Liesel. I figured it was another dumb remake, but Chris Hemsworth is awesome. I'm going to have to work on having abundance in my life. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't seen the remake. And I'm not telling you how old I was when the first one was released.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking about seeing this one, great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously as much as I love Chris Hemsworth I was worried about this remake I loved the orginial so much. but after your review I am going to have to see it.

    ReplyDelete