Thursday, December 20, 2012

Follow Friday--What We've Learned 2012


Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs! 

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you! 


Q: What have you learned from book blogging that you didn't know before about the publishing industry?


Okay, I really wasn't going to do this blog hop this week. Weird, I know. I don't think I've missed one in six months! But then, just out of curiosity I tuned in to see what the question was...and knew I needed to answer.

My answer is EVERYTHING!!! I only started blogging seriously in May of this year (2012) so my blog is a baby compared to most others. But literally everything I know about the online community I've learned from my blogger buddies. Everything from how to run a blog to promotion, internet etiquette, creativity, how to grow your audience, using other networking platforms. Yeah, other than the actual process of writing, everything. And I do mean everything. 

twitter.com
So, if I might just take the opportunity--you know, before the zombie apocalypse hits at midnight or whenever--I'd like to thank all my awesome blogger buddies, book and otherwise, for all their support, knowledge, enthusiasm, and friendship. Here's to hoping that when (I mean if!) the zombie apocalypse happens in the next few days, those of us who have read the relevant literature will end up on top! :D

Everyone have a Merry Christmas, a safe apocalypse, and a Happy New Year! :D Cheers! *wink*

27 comments :

  1. New follower here! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I learned quite a bit myself from when I started back in 09. The best thing of course is ARCs and Netgalley!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've learned a ton this year too, mostly about making connections with publishers to start getting ARCs. Next year I want to learn how to balance the blogging with more writing.

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh lord, everything I've learned about the blogosphere, it's ridiculous! And there is so much more! I'm an old follower :) Hop on over to my Friday Post if you have the time! Hope you have a great weekend!
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  5. its always good to learn and to know you will always have more to learn.

    Check out my Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  6. I started blogging three years ago and I've learned so much from my blogger buddies.
    Have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my post. I agree, I feel that you always have more to learn! I feel that way too. I'm following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love this! The blogging community is fabulous and I am so thankful for you and the rest of my blogger friends as well. I think I will be safe through the Zombie Apocalypse - I have some friends that have read every single zombie survival guide out there :). Thank you so much for stopping by my FF. I am glad you participated this week :D Old Follower

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just started blogging in September and I've already been inundated with information - I'm loving it! :)

    My FF

    Brandy @ A Little of the Book Life
    ~New Follower~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, I feel the same way. Without those who came before me I would be totally lost.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome answer. I even learned the writing process from the blog! (Mine at least).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, blogging really helps, doesn't it? :)
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/12/follow-friday_21.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Merry Christmas!

    Returning the follow via GFC ^_^

    sinn @ sinnful books

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like your answer! Thanks for stopping by the blog! Merry Christmas!:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cool Liesel. It's amazing how much we can learn in a short space of time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I completely agree. I've only been blogging for 6 months and have learned so much, but know there is so much more out there too. Thanks for stopping by this week!
    Traci @ Mad Hatter Reads
    my FF

    ReplyDelete
  17. I also like your answer. And I agree, since I started blogging about six months ago, I have learnt so much.

    Thanks for stopping by.
    Merry Christmas. Have a safe and happy Hoilday season :D

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am glad that you checked out the question and hopped in. The whole thing is fascinating and the process of learning as I go has been a blast! It keeps me on my toes since the industry is ever changing.
    Old follower.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yep. Just arm ourselfs with our zombie fighting manuals--I mean fiction about zombies and we'll be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great answer. I too learned almost everything after I started blogging. I knew nothing in the beginning.

    thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for stopping by.
    New Follower:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for stopping by! I'm so tired right now, I can't even think about a proper comment (SORRY!) but eh, Merry Christmas! <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. Blogging really has been an education! :) Hopping by...a little late this week. Merry Christmas!

    <a href="http://bookwormbrandee.blogspot.com/2012/12/feature-follow-6.html"title="My FF'>Bookworm Brandee</a>

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yep, there can be things learned from book blogging! I'm glad you've had a good time (it sounds like!) Old follower! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Free Social Media Marketing where Every thing will be Free, Facebook Likes, Twitter Followers, Twitter Tweets, Twitter Re-Tweets, Twitter Favorites, Google Plus Followers, StumbleUpon Followers, Youtube Views, Youtube Likes, Youtube Subsribes, Pinterest Followers, Pinterest Likes, Pinterest PinIt, Free Website Visitors.
    Just Join now and Free Increase your Social Media Networks.
    GetLikeFast.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lols and Gags, Lol Pictures, Funny Pictures, Lol is the Laugh out of Laugh where you can Fun Unlimited and Laughing Unlimited. Visit the Best Lol Network Ever, where you can every thing is lol and Funny, Troll Images, Funny Vidoes, Prank Peoples, Funny Peoples, Prank Images, Fail Pictures, Epic Pictures and Much More Fun and Entertainment
    lolsgag.com

    ReplyDelete