Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Top Ten Books for 2012 + RMQ

TOP TEN TUESDAY!!!


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Top Ten Books I Read in 2012

Confession: I shamelessly borrowed from last week's list. As I explained last week, I didn't actually read very many books in 2012. Most that I did read were from authors I've read before or was re-reading. So, a lot of these were on last week's list. Hopefully I won't have this problem next year. :D

These are in no particular order.

1. Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers. My review here.


2. Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin. My review here.


3. Sleepwalkers by Paul Grossman. My review here.



4. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake. My review here.




5. Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry.





6-10. The Song of Fire and Ice Books: Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords, A Feast of Crows, and A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin. These were probably my top favorites. I've been totally obsessed with this series all year! ;D


That it for me! How about YOU? What new authors did YOU read this year?

Random Movie Quotes (RMQ)!

Don't know what this is? Click the tab at the top of the page.

Sorry I haven't been very consistent with RMQ lately. I'll try to be better. :D

imdb.com


Last week's RMQ was, "Here? Lousy. So far I'm more affected than she is. I damn near cried twice!"

This was said by Harrison Ford in the 1995 film Sabrina. This movie is hysterical. He was playing billionaire Linneus Laraby. No one guessed this one.



Today's RMQ is:


"You know, somehow, 'I told you so' just doesn't quite say it."

One point for film, one for character, one for actor. Good luck! 

12 comments :

  1. Wow. The Sleepwalkers sounds amazing and I'm not even into historical fiction.
    Great list! I'm trying to get through A Feat For Crows and it's such a struggle. :( I read 1-3 in a few weeks but it's taken me months to finish book 4.)
    -Wan
    Our TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the George Martin series - I still have books 4 & 5 to go though.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to add Pushing the Limits to my list, sounds so good! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think it was I Robot, but not sure if Will Smith was the one who said it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. From the list I'd probably read Sleepwalkers. Cool list Liesel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Anna Dressed in Blood! I've really been wanting to read Grave Mercy and Masque of the Red Death.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been wanting to read Grave Mercy since I first heard about it! I'm hoping to get it for Christmas! Someday I want to attempt the beast that is Game of Thrones :)
    My TTT: http://nightmareonbookstreet.blogspot.com/2012/12/top-ten-tuesday-2012-favorites.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought Grave Mercy was fantastic and can't wait for the sequel. I also loved A Game of Thrones though I still need to read the rest of the books. I also want to read Anna Dressed in Blood.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good call on Masque and Anna! Really enjoyed both of those too :) I hear Pushing the Limits is REALLY good as well!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Michele | TTT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Grave Mercy, Masque of the Red Death and Pushing the Limits all made my list too! Awesome reads all of them and I CANNOT wait to get my hands on the sequels in 2013!!

    And I've only just become obsessed with the Song of Ice and Fire series. I devoured A Game of Thrones a week or two ago and I'm about two hundred pages into Clash of Kings and I am just totally loving this series.

    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really want Graver Mercy and Masque of the Red Death!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is crazy how many you have here that I have been meaning to read, but have not. Pushing the Limits is a favorite for so many of the bloggers that I follow and Anna Dressed in Blood, Grave Mercy... I have to eek out some more time. Fantastic list.

    ReplyDelete