Monday, December 3, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday--Books From Santa


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Top Ten Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Bringing Me

Mostly these are just the books on my TBR books I'd choose first if I could pick any! :D

Totally Possible:

10. Cinder by Marissa Meyer--Don't think I've ever read cyborg books before but can't wait to get to this one. Besides, I love fairy tale re-tellings!


9. Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout--Really need to get to these!


8. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor--Another one I'm SO behind on!


7. Divergent by Veronica Roth--I pride myself on being a bit of a dystopian expert, but there's several BIG ones I haven't gotten to, yet! Let's hope I can remedy that soon!


6. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld--Love the premise of this one!


5. Enclave by Ann Aguirre--Just sounds like my kind of book. Can't wait!


4. Seraphina by Rachel Hartman--Can never get enough high fantasy, especially when dragons are involved! :D


3. The First Confessor by Terry Goodkind--Love the Sword of Truth series, but have fallen a bit behind on the spin off books.



Not Possible:

2. Winds of Winter by George R.R. Martin--not expected out until 2015, but a girl can hope, right?


1. A Memory of Light by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson--only impossible for about a month because it's slated by for release in January, 2013 and they'd BETTER not delay it again. Ahem. *coughs* I mean, I'm cool with whatever. :D



So, what Top Ten books do YOU hope to see under the tree?

Random Movie Quotes (RMQ)!

Don't know what this is? See tab at top of page.

fraterslibertas.com
Last time's RMQ was: "Kill [him]* and you risk turning one man's religion into a crusade."

This was from The X-Files (season 2 if you were wondering). It was said by William B. Peterson who played the Cigarette-Smoking Man. Gotta say, I kind of miss him.

Today's RMQ is:


"Excuse me Violent Sky Marshal. I have to squeeze the lemon. You heard me...squeeze the lemon."


One point for film, on for actor, one for character. Good luck!

15 comments :

  1. Cinder and Divergent are so amazingly good! You should definitely check them out soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be awesome if Winds of Winter would come out soon, haha. I've heard wonderful things about Seraphina, I hope I can read it sometime in the near future. Great list!

    Here's my TTT this week =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW woun't be out til 2015? Omg I'm going to die by then! :( Terrible.
    But great list, I love it! ;)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need to read Divergent! That series is one of my absolute favorites <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Divergent! And Cinder is on my TBR, but it didn't make my list for this week.

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT post earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am VERY anxious to find out the fate of Jon Snow... Martin left me hanging in the last GOT book. And now? 2015?! Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, don't know the movie quote today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like a rather good list. I have a few of these books myself unread, but I do want to read them.

    Hope you get them from Santa. Great list!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your list!! I really have to read Cinder, too. I just bought Daughter of Smoke and Bone so I can catch up, as well. Obsidian is ok, Divergent and Uglies are both great, and I've been meaning to read Seraphina.

    I hope you get all the books on your wishlist! (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cinder is pretty interesting. It would be amazing to have The Winds of Winter. Great list. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oo, you must get Daughter of Smoke and Bone, it's fantabulous :D It should be a self gift if you don't get it! Haha ;-) Thanks for stopping by my blog this week :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for commenting/ following me :) I'm a new follower now :) I love all of your book choices especially cinder.lDevoured by Books

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love numbers 10-7 and number 4. Great choices. I hope you get to reading them. Thanks for stopping by my page.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You DEFINITELY need to read Daughter of Smoke & Bone, it is utterly fabulous! Cinder, Obsidian and Divergent are all good too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved Daughter of Smoke and Bone and Seraphina so much! Hope you get both of those for sure! Lots of other great books on your wishlist but those stood out the most to me. :]

    ReplyDelete