Thursday, December 13, 2012

Follow Friday--Sad Books

**I'm at the South Towne Expo Center in Utah signing selling books today and tomorrow. If you're local, come by and say hi! :D **

Follow Friday

Increase Blog Followers, gain Book Blog Followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers — but you have to know — the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.
trans Feature & Follow #123
The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee’s View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs!
How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools — keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them “hi” in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!

goodreads.com
What is the last book that made you cry? Tell us about the scene...

In terms of fantasy, I think I'm gonna have to go with A Storm of Swords, Book 3 of A Song of Fire and Ice. I'm not going to talk about scene specifics because that would be all spoilers. To be honest, I don't remember whether I cried while reading it or not, but if I didn't, it was because I was stunned tearless. It was SOOO sad.
io9.com
Suffice it to say, something happens that is the biggest jaw-dropper of the entire series. So twisted and so tragic! As in, Oh no he did not! I think they're going to feature it on this season of the HBO series. I read something about George R.R. Martin remarking that when a "certain episode" airs this season, he's going to have to go hide under a rock to keep the fans from murdering him.
Uh...yeah. Pretty much. Anyway, enough said. Don't want to spoil anything. I know a lot of my followers are either reading it or planning to.

So, what was the last book you read that made you tear up?

21 comments :

  1. I love the addition of Mr. and Mrs. Klaus to your blog. Awesome!
    Sorry, but I am not familiar with your choice. However, I do understand those - Oh he did not! type of moments.

    Thanks for stopping by :)
    Old Follower

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your holiday look, I watch the show and cried the first season LOL, so thanks for the warning in the books. Need to stock up on tissues asap.

    Happy Holidays!

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah poop! I have not started this one yet. I sure didn't cry in the first two, hopefully I can make it through this one without turning into a ball-bag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was shocked when I read the part that you're talking about. In fact, I had to reread it a few times because I couldn't believe what had happened. I think I'm still in denial, lol. It's going to be really tough to watch those scenes if they air this season.

    Old follower. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of these! Sheesh! I really need to get to reading! Old follower via GFC Witchy Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! i am only on book two! i must read it and then get to #3 if it is that earth shattering!

    Check out my Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been wanting to start this series. Have a happy Friday:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not familiar with that one! I rarely cry when reading so it was hard to think of something!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not familiar at all with that series, but it seems quite good - more books to add to my TBR pile for sure :)

    I'm an old follower, Here's my FF post.

    Have a fantastic Friday and a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're holiday look is so cute! I've been wanting to start that series for a while now, I need to just read them. Old follower :) Thanks for stopping by My FF
    Traci @ Mad Hatter Reads

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your kissing Clauses!

    Thankyou for not spoiling this one :) I'm in the very beginning (less that 200 pages) of Game of Thrones, so I'm trying to avoid spoilers! It's not that easy lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I know exactly what scene you're talking about! :)

    Thanks for stopping by.

    Bob @ Beauty in Ruins

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't think of a book that's done that to me...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great picks. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love what you did with your blog! Very festive! xD I've heard of this series before but haven't had enough time to pick it up. D: Thanks for stopping by! Old follower.

    Daphne @ Reading Until Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't read anything by George Martin :(
    I know he's good.
    Thanks for stopping by My FF
    Old Follower!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have not read the books yet, my husband did and loved them and think he spoiled some for me. I am following the show, even thought I am now aware they cut A LOT out :) New follower GFC

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've heard so much about this scene (nothing spoilery) but I haven't read it yet. I'm only a little way into Clash of Kings and I'm kind of scared to read the third one.

    Thanls for stopping by my FF. Old follower

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know what scene you are talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  20. World Most popular Upcoming Latest cars and vehicles, Latest Mazda Models, Racing Cars, International Sport Cars, Concept Cars, PS-Pod, Strange Vehicles, Nissan, Royce Corniche, Ford Concept Cars, Strange Vehicles, Mercedes and More Sport Cars and Vehicles with Pictures and Info
    WorldLatestVehicles.com

    ReplyDelete