Monday, August 18, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Must Reads

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Top 10 Books People Have Been Telling You That You MUST Read

This is a difficult one for me because I'm usually the one in my family/circle of friends recommending books, not the other way around. I had to think of things I see great reviews on most often.


5. Eleanor and Park/Fangirl -- I always see good reviews of these, but have yet to pick up a Rainbow Rowell book. Kind of worried they might not be for me, but I'll have to try them out eventually to find out for sure.


4. Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor-- Loved the first two books and have read tons of great reviews on the final one in the trilogy. Really need to get my hands on this!


3. 1984 by George Orwell-- Another of my sister's faves, and since I'm big on dystopian, I really have no excuse for not reading it. I'll get around to it eventually. :D


2. 50 Shades of Grey by E.L. James -- Just with all the general hype and now the film coming out, lots of people have been telling me to read it. Yeah, I won't be though. :/


1. Infernal Devices series -- My sister really loves these, even more than the Mortal Instruments. And since I really love TMI, she really wants me to read the other Cassie Clare series. I plan to. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.

That's it for me! How about you?

8 comments :

  1. I tried reading Clockwork Angel, but couldn't get into it myself. Maybe you already had to be a fan of the original series despite it being a prequel.


    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe so. I wouldn't know, but I hope to at some point. :D Thanks Jessica!

      Delete
  2. I loved Fangirl but didn't enjoy Eleanor and Park. Not sure why but I think they're both worth a read :)

    Eileen @ BookCatPin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know. I hope to read them both soon. Thanks Eileen! :D

      Delete
  3. I love Rainbow Rowell's books, but I'm afraid that they've been so praised to high heavens by now that people can't help but feel let down in a way -- which is really unfortunate. Maybe try one of her slightly less hyped books to start with instead? Attachments and Landline are both adult books, and really very good. I wouldn't bother with 50 Shades. Sadly, I did read them, and there's a week I'll never get back. (And yet, I read all three... go figure).

    Lisa @ Bookshelf Fantasies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestions. Maybe I will try one of her adult books first. And I get reading all three. I have something of a finishing complex myself. The time I'll never get back was for the Millennium trilogy. It was really terrible, but I read all three anyway. :D Thanks for stopping by, Lisa! :D

      Delete
  4. Well there are 5 books in the bloodline series. Can i count that as 5 choices? lol because that is a popular referral. the The Universe Builders is another book I've heard great things about. Matt @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard much about either of those, but I'll definitely check them out. Thanks for stopping by, Matt! :D

      Delete