Thursday, August 7, 2014

Follow Friday: Social Networking!

Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!


Social Share! What is your favorite social network and leave us a link so we can join you!

Source
My favorite by far is Pinterest. I waste SOOO much time on this network. I'm on it nearly every day, follow hundred of boards for dozens of different subjects, and have 70 boards of my own. Yup, you read that right. 70.

Every year in Salt Lake, they have a Pinterest conference. I haven't been able to go the past two years, but I'm hoping maybe next year. *Sigh* It would be guilty pleasure bliss. :D

Check out my boards here: http://www.pinterest.com/lkhillbooks/

What's your favorite social network?

17 comments :

  1. I don't have Pinterest, but I keep hearing great things about it. Maybe I'll crack down and get it soon haha ;)
    Old Follower, Have a good weekend.
    Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It's awesome, but very addicting. It really ought to come with a warning. :D Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I do love Pinterest and have quite a few boards but I find myself neglecting it from time to time. I love it for recipes and craft/knitting ideas. Twitter and Facebook are still my two favorite ones though. Followed via Twitter.
    Laura
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I definitely use it for recipes, but I can lose myself in it for hours looking at totally random stuff. Have a great weekend, Laura! :D

      Delete
  3. Wow..70 boards is so awesome! I am new to Pinterest and still finding my way around it. Maybe you can teach me the tricks of this platform. :)

    Followed you on Pinterest

    Here's my FF
    -Njkinny @Njkinny's World of Books & Stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing, Nikita! If you need any help, just let me know. I think the trick is just to figure out what you want to know about, and search for boards/pins on that subject. Follow a few boards for subjects you like, and pretty soon you'll be flying; not able to get enough. :D Good luck!

      Delete
  4. I use Pinterest too but find myself forgetting to post on it from time to time so I tend to stick mostly with Twitter and Facebook.
    I'm a new twitter follower.
    My FF!

    Sharon @ Sharon's Book Nook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely don't post on Pinterest nearly as much as I browse it, but I try to post my blogs and repost things that I like. I really love using random, provocative images to get my creative juices flowing, inspire story ideas and/or scenes, that kind of thing. Hope you have a great weekend, Sharon! :D

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Yeah. What can I say. Thanks for stopping by, Jessica! :D

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. You don't say? :D Happy Friday, Alex!

      Delete
  7. I'm a new Pinterest follower & existing blog follower. Have a great weekend!
    Diane @ Diane's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Diane! Right back at ya! :D

      Delete
  8. Hi! I'm a new follower. Here's my F&F! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alie! I'll check out your post. :D

      Delete