Monday, July 14, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: TV and Film

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Let's talk about other types of stories! Top 10 Movies/TV Shows (All covers courtesy of goodreads.com unless otherwise linked.)

Somehow I doubt this will be a shock, but my favorite things to watch mirror my favorite genres in reading and writing. Keep in mind I have entirely too many to just pick 10, so these are just a few of my favorites.


Movies
Source


10. Cheaper by the Dozen -- Kind of a random choice, but there are twelve kids in my family, and this film is just. So. Accurate. Loved it. So funny. If you don't know anything about big families, you might not get it, but it's practically my family's motto movie. 




Source




9. Last of the Mohicans -- You knew there would be historical fiction on my list, right? An epic story that you'll think about forever!







Source
8. Legends of the Fall -- Another of my very favorite historical-based films. So tragic, but so beautiful. It's one of those things where no matter how many times you see it, you hear the music, or find it randomly on TV, and you have to stop and watch for a minute.






Source



7. Lone Survivor/Men of Valor -- I love Patriotic films. I try to watch them with my family so we can all have the patriotic feels together. :D




Source



6. LOTR films -- I'm all about the epic fantasy. Thought they did an amazing job on the films, and am loving the Hobbit films that are currently still coming out.






TV Shows


Source
5. Friends -- I know this isn't on anymore, but it's the last sitcom I watched religiously. (I think most of them that are on now are kinda stupid.) And I still catch a re-run or two during the afternoons sometimes. I can totally quote every episode, which is how you can tell I loved it. :D





Source
4. Supernatural -- I'm actually not big on reading paranormal, but I loved this show and totally obsessed about it the first four or five seasons it was on. I still watch it, but I don't think what's on now is quite as good as it was at the start.



Source




3. Game of Thrones -- Epic fantasy. Awesome character. Shocking twists. Dragons. 'Nuf said.







Source

2. Criminal Minds/CSI -- I love crime, including true crime. I've always been a reader of mysteries, so it's not shocking I'd love it in on-screen format too. Throw in the abnormal psychology of Criminal Minds, and I just can't get enough.






Source
1. The Walking Dead--my current obsession. Awesome dystopian, character driven. Awesome characters and plot. I totally pretend I'm doing research for my own writing so that I can sit and watch it for hours. :D

What are your top ten favorite movies and/or TV shows?

12 comments :

  1. I loved Cheaper by the Dozen too! Love all of your TV picks though I need to catch up on Supernatural big time! Still on season one on Netflix haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melody! I used to be totally OBSESSED with Supernatural. It's been going a while now, and while I still watch, I find it's not as good as it used to be. The first four or five seasons are amazing, though! I hope you keep watching. :D Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Yay Supernatural! Yay for season 10! I have loved this show very from its very first episode and am happy it's made it so far!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I told Melody, I"m not as obsessed as I used to be, but like you I still watch. Gotta love those boys! :D Happy Tuesday, Jessica!

      Delete
  3. Yay for LOTR! I might have seen a bit of Legends of the Fall years ago but I was very young and therefore don't remember anything of it, lol. Great list! :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both are great. You should watch Legends of the Fall again. It's definitely worth watching, even if it's all kinds of tragic. Thanks for stopping by! Good to connect again now that the Sanderson read-along is done. :D

      Delete
  4. Last of the Mohicans! Nice. LOTR would definitely top my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, love both of those. I've loved Last of the Mohicans since I was just a young teen and my parents let me watch *gasp* an R-rated film. LOL. But seriously, it's a great one. Thanks Alex!

      Delete
  5. I remember watching Legends of the Fall in high school English class, for reasons that escape me. It was an entertaining movie though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, one of my faves. Thanks for stopping by Jaime! :D

      Delete
  6. I have never watched Supernatural. I feel like I am a bad fangirl to skip it. Have you read Cheaper By the Dozen? It's one of my favorites so I could never watch the movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I've never read Cheaper by the Dozen. Didn't even know it was a book. You really ought to try out Supernatural. You'll definitely fangirl over it. :D

      Delete