Monday, July 21, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Deserted Island Buddies

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Top 10 Characters I Would Want with Me on a Deserted Island





10. Daryl Dixon -- Okay, he's from a TV show, not a book, but you never know when zombies might show up on this deserted island, so you'd need a great zombie killer. And then there's the hotness factor.





Source


9. Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander -- I think he's hilarious, so I'd love to watch him go throughout his day. Plus, I'd love to learn more about his magic system. It's endlessly fascinating.






Source


8. Arya Stark -- She'd keep it interesting. On a deserted island, I think I'd have a tendency to plant myself in a nice spot and stay there most days. Arya would keep things adventurous. She always finds adventures.




Source



7. Thom Merrilin -- He's a story teller! On a deserted island, you'd need that. Plus, he plays music. I don't know if I could live in a world entirely without music, but if Thom were there he could play his flute and his harp. And that would definitely help. :D





Source


6. Reepicheep -- Courageous talking mouse with a sword. Need I say more?





Source
5. Tyion Lannister -- I'd want him there just to listen to witty (and often inappropriate) speeches. He's super-smart and loves books, so I'd totally love to have many conversations with him, and pick his brain about all kinds of things.



Source


4. Katniss Everdeen -- Again, survival factor. A deserted island might turn out to be a lot like the Hunger Games, so...




Source



3. Lan Mandragoran -- Survival factor here. He's a blade master and anyone who can survive the Blight can definitely figure out a deserted island. Also, hotness factor.





Source



2. Nynaeve al'Meara -- I think she'd be very entertaining company. I'd have to tick her off every so often, just to see her yank on her own brain. More than that, though, she can channel the One Power, which means she could keep everyone fed and warm, and perhaps even Travel us off the island every so often. 



Source


1. Wit/Hoid -- I would love his company! He's like a Shakespearean Fool. I'd totally want to pick his brain, have him tell me his stories, and maybe let me in on the plot of the next Stormlight Archive installment.



What Top Ten Characters would you like with you on a deserted island?

12 comments :

  1. Katniss made my list this week too. She's such a strong character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. She's definitely one you'd want to help you survive. Thanks Chrissi! :D

      Delete
  2. I thought of Reepicheek but didn't add him to my list, which I had a hard time with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd need him to make me smile, I think. He's awesome. Thanks for stopping by, Anne! :D

      Delete
  3. Katniss is VERY popular this week! I never though of Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander such an awesome wizard. I went with Magnus Bane instead, just as entertaining. I never thought of Arya either, but she would be awesome! Great list! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think of Magnus, but he's got tons of knowledge, so he'd be a good one. Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  4. I love Tyrion but I don't think he would cope with a deserted isalnd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. Me, I'm big on listening and asking questions, but I don't think I'd be talkative enough or witty enough for him. I'd love to pick his brain, but he'd probably be bored with me. Oh well. Hehe. Thanks for stopping by. :D

      Delete
  5. Oh nice picks! Have to admit, I don't know many of them! But still great picks!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll just have to take my word for it that they're awesome. Thanks Jessica! :D

      Delete
  6. Selene the vampire from Underworld, played by Kate Beckinsale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yeah. She'd be a good one. Loved her! :D

      Delete