Monday, July 28, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Most-Owned Authors

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Top 10 Authors I Own the Most Books From

As most of you know, I tend to read epic fantasy series, and when there are lots of books, they add up pretty fast. In no particular order (#s of books are the number I own, not necessarily how many are in series):



11. (bonus) Jane Austen -- Complete Works

10. Shakespeare -- Complete Works

9. Charles Dickens -- Complete Works


8. Cassandra Clare (Mortal Instruments/Infernal Devices series -- 6 books)

7. Gerald N. Lund (Work and the Glory series -- 11 books)


6. C.S. Lewis (Chronicles of Narnia series/Mere Christianity -- 8 books)

5. Brandon Sanderson (Wheel of Time/Words of Radiance series -- 5 books)

4. J.R.R. Tolkien (Hobbit/LOTR series -- 4 books)

3. George R.R. Martin (A Song of Ice and Fire series -- 5 books)

2. Terry Goodkind (Sword of Truth series -- 12 books)


1. Robert Jordan (Wheel of Time series -- 15 books)




What authors do you own the most books from?

13 comments :

  1. Nice! Haven't read any of these but it's impressive that you have so many books from each one author!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This list is awesome and I'll bet everyone has at least one book from these authors.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Jessica and Maurice! I appreciate it! :D

      Delete
  2. Yay for may of the authors on this list! Wow that you own Charles Dickens' completed works--that must be a hefty book! xD

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's more than one, actually. More like volumes, but yes, they're definitely hefty. :D Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  3. Not home to count them, but the top three would be Preston and Child, Terry Brooks, and C. S. Lewis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! Some amazing epic fantasy series' by here! I have first Wheel of Time book and I need to read the rest of the Mistborn trilogy (loved the first book!). C.S Lewis, Tolkien and Cassandra Clare also made my list! :)

    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, gotta love the epic fantasy. I haven't read the Mistborn trilogy myself, but it's definitely on my TBR list. Hopefully soon! :D

      Delete
  5. 1. Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman (23)
    2. Terry Brooks (22)
    3. David Eddings (18)
    4. Tom Clancy (18)
    5. Stephen R. Lawhead (16)
    6. Katharine Kerr (15)
    7. Robert Jordan (15)
    8. Timothy Zahn (11)
    9. J.R.R. Tolkien (9 - because I own a ridiculous number of editions of the same trilogy) ;)

    Then I have a lot of authors tied at 7, so I can't come up with a clear-cut #10. Can I count my own books? I have several boxes of those... LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I just realized that I own 10 or 11 by C.S. Lewis. Huzzah, completed my list!

      Delete
    2. Great list, Jenelle. I think I have one Weis/Hickman book, but haven't read it. Terry Brooks is another one I have on my shelf, but haven't actually read. :/ I'll have to check out a few of the others you've listed. :D Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
    3. If you want to read Weis/Hickman, I definitely recommend starting with Dragon Wing (book 1 of the Death Gate Cycle). It's a 7 book series, and I think it's their best work (and not as intimidating as trying to get into the Dragon Lance series!)

      Terry Brooks' Shanarra series is great, but my favorites of his are the Magic Kingdom of Landover series. A bit lighter and lots of humor.

      Confession: the Tom Clancy books are my husband's. So far, I've only read one of them :)

      Delete