Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: Lord of Chaos

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



Source
This week's teasers are from Robert Jordan's Lord of Chaos. I'm not technically reading anything this month, due to NaNo, but I am keeping up with my WoT read-along. So, here are this week's teasers.
"She was just at the point of shouting again, louder, when a rope ladder uncoiled down the side of the ship. No answering call came from the deck, yet that seemed invitation enough. Egwene climbed. It was difficult--not the climb, but keeping her skirts decently close; she could see why the Sea Folk women wore trousers--but she finally reached the rail...
She opened her mouth, and a dark hand flashed in front of her eyes with a gleaming dagger. Before she could scream, the blade sliced through the ropes of the ladder. Still clinging to the useless thing, she plummeted."
What are you reading this week?

4 comments :

  1. OOh nice tease! This one's new to me!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is one tense teaser. Was it really chosen at random?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! That's quite a teaser, Liesel! What happened with Egwene? I hope she saved herself!

    Thanks for stopping by earlier :)

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay. I'll spoil things. She is in the last book so she survives. However, even I can't remember what happens here. I remember the the sea folk ship and Egwene climbing but I can't remember what happens next!

    ReplyDelete