Monday, November 4, 2013

Eleanor Cover Reveal + Top Ten Tuesday: Great Sequels

My Top Ten Tuesday list is below, but first, my good friend and fellow JFP Author Johnny Worthen is revealing the cover for his upcoming young adult, paranormal novel, Eleanor.

“Eleanor is a modest girl, unremarkable but extraordinary, young but old, malleable but fixed. She is scared and confused. She is a liar and a thief. Eleanor is not what she appears to be.”

Also check out Beatrysel by Johnny Worthen!


Isn't this cover beautiful?

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Top 10 Sequels I Can't Wait to Get My Hands On (all covers courtesy of goodreads.com unless otherwise linked)



10. The Madness Underneath by Maureen Johnson--Really loved book 1 of the Shades of London series, but haven't had a chance to pick up book 2.



9. Brisingr by Christopher Paolini--Read the first 2 books years ago, and still really want to return and finish the series. I've heard mixed reviews on how it ends, but I loved the first two so much, I'm gonna have to finish at some point. We all know I have a finishing complex.


8. Just for Fins by Tera Lynn Childs--Probably the most delightful mermaid series I read this past summer. I read books 1 and 2 and can't wait to get my hands on book 3.


7. Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers--Really loved Grave Mercy. Haven't heard much about book 2, but would like to try it out at some point.


6. Dare You To and Crash Into You by Katie McGarry--Pushing the Limits. Enough said.

Source

5. The Twelve by Justin Cronin--The first was a beyond-epic dystopian-zombie-plague book with amazing scope. After 800 pages, it still left unanswered questions. So, despite the length, I really want to get a hold of book 2.


4. City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare--I know the 6th installment of The Mortal Instruments isn't expected until May of next year, but I've only read the first three books in the series, so this is the one I'm looking forward to. :D


3. Allegiant by Veronica Rossi--Just haven't gotten a chance to read it yet.

Source



1. Winds of Winter by George R.R. Martin--I keep hearing that this will be out next year, but Goodreads still has the expected release date listed as 2015. I think the rumors about an earlier release are just wishful thinking. Still, I'll line up to get it when it finally arrives! :D

Source


What sequels can you not wait to get your hands on? And what do you think of Eleanor's cover?

9 comments :

  1. Still need to read The Madness Underneath myself! Loved Allegiant though despite not lots of others liking it!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so behind on my Georege RR Martin reading...really need to get back to those books.

    I also love all of Katie McGarry's books...looking forward to the 4th one.

    My TTT is here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pre-ordered Allegiant, but I probably wont be able to read it until after Thanksgiving. I am dying to read that book as well. It hasn't been easy trying to avoid spoilers. I still have to read books 3-5 in the MI series before the release of the final book. Great list!!

    Here is my TTT: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2013/11/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-sequels-i-cant.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover for Eleanor is gorgeous! Must check it out -- thanks for the recommendation! Well, YES to Winds of Winter, despite the long wait! I should probably check out a few more from your list too -- still need to read The Passage, for starters. Nice list! :)

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am still in the middle of Brisingr after about two years, sigh. I just have so many other books I'd rather read and that are shorter, long books are my achilles heel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pushing the Limits and Allegiant - I loved both of them so much! I hope you'll enjoy them as well, Liesel.

    Thanks for stopping by earlier.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read a lot pf mermaid serials, but the cover is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still need to read the last two books in the Inheritance series as well, I've owned both since they were released but just haven't gotten around to it! Great list, some really great series on here and a few I need to add to my own TBR list. My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cover of Elanor is beautiful yet haunting!
    LOVVEEE your list.

    Check out Our TTT

    Doris @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete