Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The Dragon Reborn Book Review

The Dragon Reborn


Source
The second book I'm reviewing this week is The Dragon Reborn by Robert Jordan. I had actually read this one before, but I'm re-reading it to participate in a Wheel of Time read-along. It was really fun to go back and read this book, especially since I haven't read it cover-to-cover in almost ten years.

I'm not going to say tons about this except that it's fantastic! The adventures of Rand al'Thor continue, taking him and his friends to Tear. More Forsaken show up, more information about the world and it's characters/people (including the big baddies and the Aiel) is revealed, and the ending is awesome. One of my personal favorites of the series. Because it's book 3, I wouldn't recommend picking it up until you've read the first two books, but it's definitely a great addition to the series. And once you read the end of book 3, well, you just have to go read book 4. :D

Jordan really finds his stride with the writing in this book and this is where most fans become pretty die-hard. Once you get to book 3, you'll probably finish the series. Just sayin.' We also get to spend more time with some of the supporting characters in this book, such as Perrin, Mat, Egwene, Elayne and Nynaeve. I really enjoyed that aspect of it. Overall, this is a great read and one that I thoroughly enjoyed reading. Again. :D


B&N Purchase                        icon

Has anyone read this book? What did you think of it?

1 comment :

  1. Not a fan of the wheel of time, I read up to book six and gort fed up with it. Think it is time the wheels fell off and stopped.
    Passing through on my roadtrip.

    ReplyDelete