Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Teaser Tuesday--Insurgent

  Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Source
Today's teasers come from Insurgent, by Veronica Roth. (P.S. the astrics ** are to cover a character name. It's my way of staying away from spoilers. :D)

"I lurch forward, pulling my hand out of my pocket. I close my eyes as I thrust the blade up and toward him. I don't want to see his blood. 
I feel the knife go in and then pull it out again. My entire body throbs to the rhythm of my heart. The back of my neck is sticky with sweat. I open my eyes as ***** slumps to the ground., and then--chaos."

Print Edition, Page 193

So, what are you reading this week?
 

5 comments :

  1. Uh oh...I haven't read this series so I wonder who got killed. Great teaser!

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the teaser! I adore this series- cannot wait for the movie to come out.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely reading this series! Good teaser:)

    My Teaser Tuesday


    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe she killed him with her eyes closed. Chaos? I'm intrigued.

    Thanks for stopping by my TT :)

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have this on my kindle and ready to go. I just need to read it.

    Trish @ tales from ...

    ReplyDelete