Monday, November 5, 2012

The Next Big Thing BlogHop

I've been tagged for The Next Big Thing Blog Hop. (Thanks, Renae!) This is a hop where you answer questions about your current WIP. I have several WIPs at present, but I think I'll focus on the second installment of the Interchron series, which I am currently writing. (See cover in left sidebar.)

1. What is the working title of your WIP?

Quantum Entanglement, Book 2 of Interchron.

2. Where did the idea come from for this book?

I'll have to answer this for the series as a whole. And the answer is: many places. The first chapter of book 1 is based on a true story, which my imagination simply took off with. I also got the idea of someone having the strength to forcibly break away from a collective conscience from a literary science fiction class I took in college. In truth, this story is the result of a lot of ideas I'd been thinking about for a long time. In book 2 we'll learn about some back story for the characters, see the consequences of what happened at the end of book 1 (cliffhanger, btw) and see what new threats Maggie and the team are up against.

3. What genre does your book fall under?

Dystopian Fantasy.

4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

That I don't know. I'm not someone who thinks much about that when I'm writing. I'm a huge fan of Jensen Ackles, so I wouldn't mind at all if he did Marcus, or David, for that matter. :D I have no idea who would play Maggie. I know who wouldn't play her, but that becomes a not-so-nice post, so I won't go there. ;D Suggestions? Now that I'm thinking about it, Patrick Stewart or Donald Sutherland would make an awesome Doc. And...Gary Dourdan for Karl, anyone?

5. What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?
Everyone has ties to people in their lives--whether physical or emotional--but what if the person you're most closely tied to is a fork-tongued assassin from the future bent on killing you before you can get back to the man you love?
6. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

I don't get tons of writing time currently, so I think it was about six months, though I'm not entirely certain when I started it.

7. Who or what inspired you to write this book?

This second book was mostly just inspired by the first. I know that sounds silly, but there wasn't really any specific thing that inspired it, other than the idea itself and my restlessness until I got it out on paper.

8. What else about your book might pique the reader's interest?

It's got a basis in science, a love triangle, time travel, and plenty of awesomeness. :D

Thanks for listening everyone! If you're interested in Quantum Entanglement, don't forget to enter my giveaway to win one of three ARCs of book 1, Persistence of Vision. Happy Monday! :D


6 comments :