Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday--Books for Deserted Islands + RMQ


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Okay, when you read a lot of high fantasy (which is my favorite thing to read) it's not fair to say top ten books. Some fantasy series have more than ten books! So, I'm tweaking the topic for this blog and going with Top Ten Series for a Deserted Island!

Because I want to read them but haven't yet:



tristinawright.com


plrebooksdownload.com


tumblr.com


Because they're just all around awesome:



myhungergames.com

lunch.com


squidoo.com


postiar.com


burrtotheitknee.blogspot.com

A little of both:


*Though I must stipulate that I'd want all books written before going to said island. No fair going there and never being able to find out the ending. :D *

en.wikipedia.org

(Final book due Jan 2013. Yea! At last--no pun intended!)

blog.weflyspitfires.com

What about you? What would your top ten books/series for a deserted island be?

Random Movie Quotes (RMQ)

Don't know what this is? Check the tab at the top of the blog.

Last week's RMQ was: 

imdb.com
Guy1: "And for a time, I did consider her offer." 
Guy2: "How long a time."
Guy 1: "0.68 Seconds, Sir."

All my Star-Trekkian guy-blogger friends got this one and were so disappointed when they didn't get it first. I love ya, guys. Thanks so much for your enthusiasm. This Commander Date (Guy 1) talking to Captain Picard (Guy 2) played by Brent Spiner and Patrick Stewart respectively, in the Star Trek: First Contact movie. It was guessed (first) by Jeff Hargett who gets all 5 points. Great job, Jeff! :D

Today's RMQ is:


Guy: "Allo."
Girl: "Did you just say...hello?"
Guy: "No, I said 'allo, but that's close enough."
So, five possible points. One for each character and actor (hint: or voice) and one for the film. Good luck, and Happy Tuesday, Everyone! :D 

11 comments :

  1. Labyrinth! The girl was Jennifer Connelly.
    Would definitely want The Chronicles of Narnia with me. Also Terry Brooks' Shannara series and Preston and Child's Agent Pendergast series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I should have thought of Game of Thrones! I've read them all so far, but I get a little frustrated when Martin explores worlds I'm not as excited about. Dorne and their spicey cuisine? What about the Stark children? Whine whine whine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree that I'd want to wait to go to the desert island until all the books in the series were done! Otherwise I think I'd go crazy xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol!! Is it cheating to pick series of books?? I totally would've picked so many more series ones then! :D Great list!! I've been meaning to read Mortal Instruments... :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Michele | TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was definitely a good idea to bring books you haven't read yet, unless you don't end up liking them... but then you could use them for starting a fire :) Very smart to pick series!! Thanks for stopping by My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have some of them, but no time to read too, Lux, HG, MI, LotR and GoT... I need more time!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    Came to visit from old FF!! Sorry I'm late!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many on this list I love! Chronicles of Narnia I have a soft spot for! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many good series! I still need to read a few of them though Wheel of Time and A Song of Fire and Ice are both calling to me saying I need to start them. :]

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great list! There's so many books here, you'll definitely have a rescue party on the way without even knowing it. :) I need to read Onyx, too, since I loved Obsidian.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like a really great list.

    The Lux is something I need to read soon because I've heard so much about it.

    The Mortal Instruments series I've read the first book in but I need to continue.

    Quite a few books I want to read.

    Great list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was really excited today when my students said how excited they were to read the other Hunger Games books. I was like "WHY HAVEN'T YOU FINISHED THE SERIES YET?!" : ) YAY READING!

    ReplyDelete