Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays -- A Dance With Dragons


Teaser Tuesday is weekly meme hosted by Mizb at Should be Reading
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
  • Share the title & author.

A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin: 


"When Daenerys returned to her pyramid, sore of limb and sick of heart, she found Missandei reading some old scroll whilst Irri and Jhiqui argued about Rakharo. "You are too skinny for him," Jhiqui was saying. "You are almost a boy. Rakharo does not bed boys. This is known." Irri bristled back. "It is known that you are almost a cow. Rakharo does not bed with cows."

"Reek could bear no more. "Please, m'lord, m'lady, there's been some mistake." He fell to his knees, trembling like a leaf in a winter storm, tears streaming down his ravaged cheeks. "I'm not him, I'm not the turncloak, he died at Winterfell. My name is Reek." He had to remember his name. "It rhymes with freak."

8 comments :

  1. Well, that was an interesting teaser. Now I am intriqued. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the idea! :D Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Still need to read this series! Thanks for the teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I like your teaser and read the first book in this series. All the books are huge and that's a bit intimidating since it took me forever to get through the first one. Happy Reading!

    The Scarf Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. Luv your blog! And I totally understand. I'm on the fifth book, now, but I've been reading them for months. It is a big time commitment to read an epic fantasy series, but I'm kind of a sucker for them. Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  4. I haven't read any of his books, but I really want to! That's a great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you get around to them eventually. They're pretty great! Thanks for visiting! :D

      Delete