Monday, October 20, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: New Series I Want to Start

Before we get to TTT, I need to post answers for my quiz yesterday. I did "Famous Faces Before They Were Famous" and no one got all of them. (Click here to see the post.) Thanks to everyone who participated! The answers are as follows:
a. Patrick Stewart b. Dr. Seuss c. John Wayne d. Condoleeza Rice e. Sean Connery f. Oprah Winfrey 

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Top 10 New Series I Want to Start





10. Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard -- One of the first books I added to my TBR list on Goodreads, but still haven't gotten around to it. I actually think I have book 1 on my kindle. And, you know, zombies. My kind of book :D



9. Gone With Respiration by Lia Habel -- Another of the first books on my radar when I started blogging, but I haven't read it yet. More zombies. :D


8. The Archived by Victoria Schwab -- I've seen both good and bad reviews on this one, but the premise is just so intriguing, I have to read it for myself.



7. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer - I feel like I'm the only person in the WORLD who hasn't read this, but I'll get around to it. Eventually.


6. The Clifton Chronicles by Jeffrey Archer - A historical fiction series set in the early 1900s. Book 2 was up for historical fiction book of the year, and it's the one I'm really interested in. I'd read book 1 just to get to book 2. :D





Source


5. The Apprenticeship of Victor Frankenstein by Kenneth Oppel - I've talked about this one lots. REALLY want to get to it!


4. The Fall by Bethany Griffin - I don't know if this counts as a series, but I read Masque/Dance of the Read Death which were based on Poe stories, and I thought Griffin did an excellent job. This one is supposed to be based on The Fall of the House of Usher, which is one of my favorites. Can't wait to see where she goes with it.





3. Reckoners by Brandon Sanderson - Ah more Brandon Sanderson. Need I say more?


2. Loves of Olympus by Sasha Summers -- Another one with mixed reviews, but I would like to branch out and read more Greek-based stuff. Hopefully it's good. 



1. Lux by Jennifer L. Armentrout -- Yes, I'm STILL the only person who's never read me any Jennifer Armentrout. *Sigh* Hopefully soon.






What Top Ten New Series do YOU want to Start?

5 comments :

  1. Oh wow! Lots of good ones here! I loooooved Obsidian! It's a guilty pleasure! I also loooooved the Something Strange & Deadly trilogy! And Dearly Departed was incredible too! Sad that it never got finished but Lia says maybe one day she will get around to finishing it up. And I just recently got into the Lunar Chronicles and definitely like it more the further I go! Great picks!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! I hope I get around to all of them eventually. :D

      Delete
  2. I love the idea behind "The Apprenticeship of Victor Frankenstein."

    ReplyDelete
  3. STEELHEART! It's the perfect time to start it anyway since book two is coming out soon :D

    ReplyDelete