Thursday, October 2, 2014

Follow Friday: Book Looks

Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!


Book looks - Your favorite fashions from the books you've read - Suggested by Go Book Yourself


As you all know, I read a lot of Wheel of Time, and the first thing I thought of for this question was some of the fashions in that series. Because it's kind of a medieval world, the women all wear dresses. It always talks about them having skirts divided for riding and often their dresses will be all one color but slashed with another color. 

Couldn't find a pic of the color-slashed fashion, but these
are pretty too. :D (Source)


The men all wear coats, and the amount of embroidery on the clothes denotes how well-to-do they are. They also wear cloaks, which is pretty cool.

Source (Both)





















And then there are the Ath'an Miere and Sea Folk, who have fashions all their own. 

Known for nose ring jewelry. Source
Known for colorful clothing and houses. Source

What are your favorite bookish fashions?

14 comments :

  1. I loved the pictures!!! I have not heard of the series that you talk of, but I might have to check them out!

    Thanks for Stopping by The Realm of Books

    xx Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to read this series! The pictures are so inviting though; so full of fantasy and enchantment :) Great post!

    Here's mine: Sparrow’s F&F

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping through. I haven't read Wheel of Time. Like several other epic fantasy series, it's on my list of goals.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison! Have a great weekend! :D

      Delete
  4. OOoh nice! Haven't read this book either! But cool dresses!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! Glad you like them! Happy Friday! :D

      Delete
  5. Would it surprise you if I said I couldn't tell you...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you don't fixate on fashion in the books you read? Really? :D

      Delete
  6. Interesting,your choice of dresses are inspirational.
    I'm new GFC follower,my FF:
    http://books-are-my-life-silvy.blogspot.com/2014/10/feature-and-follow-friday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following Silvy. Have a great weekend! :D

      Delete
  7. I just really want to be able to pull of a fantasy-inspired dress and cloak without strangers looking at me like I'm mad ;-). Those dresses are gorgeous, now if only I could get in shape so that I'd actually look like that in them, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just hoppin by! :-) Guy Vestal @ Counter Culture Critic #FF

    New GFC & Pinterest follower

    ReplyDelete