Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday--Favorite Covers

**FYI: I'm out of town this week so while my posts are going up automatically, I won't be doing as much commenting/ communicating this week. I probably won't get around to many emails until after memorial day. Sorry for any inconvenience.**

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Top Ten Favorite Covers of Books I've ReadAll covers courtesy of goodreads.com unless otherwise posted.

10. Mask of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin--just so fitting for the subject matter. It's one of my favorite E.A. Poe stories , and when I saw cover, I went, "ooh!" My review HERE.



9. Fairy Godmothers, Inc. by Jenniffer Wardell--Such a fun cover and title, and I loved the book too! Review HERE.



8. Grave Mercy by R.L. LaFevers--So eye-catching and more dramatic than most historically set books are! My review HERE.



7. Wizard's First Rule--You guys know I'm a sucker for dragons. This series actually doesn't revolve around them, but the cover's still awesome! I never reviewed this one because I read it before I started blogging. :(


en.wikipedia.com

6. The Path of Daggers by Robert Jordan--you knew I'd have to use 2 Wheel of Time covers, right? Actually, this is one of my faves because it was this epic-looking cover that made me pick up the series to begin with...and, you know, pretty much changed my life. :D Read this before blogging so no review here either. :( 


aidanmoher.com

5. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake--so beautiful! I'm not huge on ghost lit but this cover made me want to pick up the book! My review HERE.



4. The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson--This cover is a bit misleading about the time period of the story, but I still like it. It's all creepy and mystery-ish. :D Review HERE.



3. A Memory of Light--the perfect cover for the last book in the series--for the climax of the Last Battle. Love it! My review HERE.



2. Partials by Dan Wells--so exotic-looking! My review HERE.



1. Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor--two-year-old niece keeps pointing at it and saying creepy. I think she thinks the red is blood, lol. Still reading this one so no review. Yet.



What are your top favorite covers?

1 comment :

  1. I'd have to go home and look!
    And I admit I'm partial to my own. But that's a good thing, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete