Thursday, May 9, 2013

Follow Friday--Favorite Moms


Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.


The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs! 

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!


Q: Happy Mother's Day! Who is your favorite mom from fiction?


It's gotta be the Harry Potter moms! Mrs. Weasley who got to call Bellatrix a bitch before incinerating her, and Harry's mom who died saving him from Voldemort! You can't ask for better than that.

Source
Source











Who's your favorite fictional mom?

29 comments :

  1. Oh my gosh, I forgot about Harry's mom! Just the thought of her makes me want to cry.. She was so sweet and brave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Incinerating a beyotch gets my vote for mom of the year. :)

    Stephanie (Go Flash Go) @ Read, Rinse, Repeat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I chose Mrs. Weasley too! She was definitely the first fictional mom to come to mind. Just started following you via GFC. Hope you'll check my log out as well!
    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hah! SO MANY Mrs. Weasley posts; love it! I'm following you. :D

    Julianna Smith
    http://readingintwilight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm beginning to think I'm the only one who didn't choose Molly Weasley.
    Great choice though. She's a great character.

    Happy Friday :)

    My FF @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopping through. I've always wished we saw more of Lily Potter; Harry was usually so focused on his dad.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mrs. Weasley is an awesome Mom. I totally forgot to mention her. She is such a strong loving mother and adopts Harry immediately into the family. I'm so blessed to have a MIL like her.

    Rie @ Mission to Read

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picks.. moms from those books are the best!!

    Angie
    Angela's Anxious Life

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome answer! I picked Mrs Weasley too :) I think she is going to be a popular choice this week.

    I'm a new follower. Here is my FFF at my blog, Nala's Book Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice! Mrs. Weasley was my choice too because she pretty much adopted Harry from the moment he and Ron met and was just soooo kind and awesome to him!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great choice! Have a great weekend, I'm a new follower through Linky

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great choices! It's one of my favourite bits in the movie- when Mrs Weasley fights Bellatrix!
    I'm an old follower, and a new Networked Blogs follower :)
    Thanks for stopping by My FF

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love lilly potter I forgot about her though :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't believe I forgot to mention Lilly Potter! She's the ultimate fiction mom, isn't she?
    Suzy Turner, YA Author

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi just hopping through. Mr. Weasley seems to be a very popular choice.

    New follower on all your networks inc G+. :0)

    Linsey @ mybooksnthings.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great answer. I really need to read the Harry Potter Series like yesterday.
    Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend.
    new email follower
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  17. A good choice.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/05/feature-follow_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Perfect choiced! I also chose Mrs. Weasley, because she's totally the best. But Harry's mom, Lily is also a wonderful mother, even though she had such a sort time with her child.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Why didn't I think of Harry's mom. Good Choice. I have yet to acutally read the books but base on the movie they are good picks. :D

    Here is My FF

    Old GFC follower
    Brenna@Two-Tall-Tales

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for visiting My FF! Following back via GFC

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good Choice
    New GFC Follower
    ashleynemer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I picked the same ones! I am an old follower. Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog

    ReplyDelete
  23. lol it looks like they're everyone's favourites :)

    New follower via Networked Blog and GFC

    My FF @ I Read, Ergo I Write

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!
    I of course agree with your wonderful answer ;)

    Old follower!
    J.B. :)
    http://jbkantt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Mrs. Weasley certainly is a great choice. :) Thanks for stopping by. Sorry I took so long to reply.

    Old follower
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete