Thursday, April 2, 2015

Follow Friday: Recurring Dreams

Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!



Have you ever had a reoccurring dream? What was it? SUGGESTED by Second Run Reviews. 


Source
I've only ever had one recurring dream. When I was a kid, I used to have dreams that I couldn't keep my eyes open. I would be at school or at the store or trying to hang out with my little friends, but I just couldn't keep my eyelids from slipping down. I couldn't see anything and was afraid I would miss stuff. In my dream, I always interpreted it as fear, though it was more just frustrating. 

I know now that the dream had to do with my eyesight. I needed glasses at the time but didn't actually get them until I was forced. (I had to have them in order to get my drivers license at age 16, and heaven knows I wasn't putting that off. :D) Because I couldn't see, on a psychological level I was venting my frustrations in my dreams, and it came across as not being able to keep my eyes open. Weird, huh?


Have you ever had a recurring dream?

22 comments :

  1. Omgsh, what a crazy dream! I wonder why we only had recurring dreams when we were kids. It seems that none of us have them now. Interesting. (:

    Old follower!

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That IS weird, isn't it? Maybe it just has to do with the developing brain or something. Thanks Jennifer! Happy Friday! :D

      Delete
  2. That's a really weird one! I never had any like that. Really, none of my dreams to my recollection were ever reoccurring.

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe that just means you had a perfect childhood and didn't need to use the dream outlet or something. :D Good for you! Happy Friday! :D

      Delete
  3. That's an interesting dream. Strange that it ended up relating to your eyesight though. I don't know if this is a dream or not, but have you ever had that experience where you're waking up, not quite awake yet, but you can't move your body at all? I hate that!! Old follower!

    Shannon @ The Tale Temptress' FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I've never experienced the dream paralysis, but I've heard of it. My sister has had it before and it terrifies her! I'm glad it's never happened to me, but it's interesting. You're definitely not the only one. I wonder what it means. Thanks so much for stopping by, Shannon. :D

      Delete
  4. It's amazing what our mind will tell us through dreams, isn't it? Even when we aren't aware of it our own "self" is tending to us.

    Bloglovin' follower

    Marsha @ Haunted Bookshelf

    My F & F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Marsha. I think more often than not, our stress and anxiety come out in random ways through our dreams. They almost always represent a stressor, a fear, or an insecurity we're dealing with. Happy Friday! :D

      Delete
  5. Interesting dream! I never have any recurring ones. New follower by the way :)
    Tishia @ Paperback Opinion
    Here's my FF:
    http://paperbackopinion.blogspot.com/2015/04/feature-follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe that means you have very little stress! (One can hope, right? :D) Thanks for stopping by! Happy Easter!

      Delete
  6. So weird! I've had many dreams where my all my teeth fell out. Because of that, ever since I was little, I've never been able to eat an apple like a regular person. It always had to be cut. And I was always really careful biting into anything hard.

    Old follower.

    Check out my FF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's actually another common dream. I've heard Dr. Phil talk about it before. I've never had it myself, but my sisters have. I think it represents something you're insecure about, but I can't remember for sure. I don't blame you about the apple thing. If I'd ever had that dream, I'd probably be the same way. Thanks for stopping by! Happy Easter!

      Delete
  7. That's really interesting. I've never had a specific recurring dream I can think of. It's pretty crazy how your dreams somehow communicated the need for glasses and you eventually got them. I actually got 'see the board' glasses for school so I can kind of relate with trying to keep my eyes open. I was squinting a lot before I got glasses but I never had a noticeable eyesight problem (to myself) until this school year.

    Claire @ Cover to Cover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I agree. I think dreams are often an outlet for stressors, but I also think sometimes we're trying to tell ourselves something. Good point. Thanks for stopping by! Happy Easter!

      Delete
  8. That's cool, as I was reading about your dream I kept thinking it was trying to tell you that you needed more sleep. I can see where it would be linked to not wanting glasses. I've got glasses and at first absolutely refused to where them, now I love them. New follower via GFC by the way. Here is my FF post:
    http://mountainrhinestones.blogspot.com/2015/04/feature-and-follow-2.html?showComment=1428103642558#c7793458862835530877

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, and though I didn't connect it at the time, I think I stopped having the dream as soon as I started wearing glasses. Because I could see now, that insecurity went away. Thanks for stopping by! Happy Easter!

      Delete
  9. Oh, that's interesting! It's great that you're able to fully explain the reasoning behind your dream. I'm sure most of my dreams are related to stress but I don't have any particular stress factor that I can point to.

    Old follower!
    My FF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think either they show stress, insecurities, or we're just trying to tell ourselves something. In my case it was all three. Stressed about my vision, insecure about not being able to see, telling myself I need glasses. http://mountainrhinestones.blogspot.com/2015/04/feature-and-follow-2.html?showComment=1428103642558#c7793458862835530877

      Delete
  10. That's so interesting that you subconsciously knew you were having eye problems! Dreams are such funny things!
    I'm a new follower via bloglovin, btw.
    Beth x
    www.thequietpeople.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! I think that's why they are so widely used in fiction writing. We don't fully understand them, so they're great fodder for plot twists! :D http://mountainrhinestones.blogspot.com/2015/04/feature-and-follow-2.html?showComment=1428103642558#c7793458862835530877

      Delete
  11. What a crazy and insightful dream! new follower:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it kinda was. I'll follow you back! Happy Easter!

      Delete