Pages
- Home
- Welcome!
- Current Contest: Desolate Mantle
- Giveaways!
- Advice for Writers
- Visit My Website!
- Crime Fiction: The Botanist
- High Fantasy: Dragon Magic
- The Walking Dead!!!
- Thoughts For Thursday
- Signings and Events
- Contact and Links
- Dystopian: Interchron Series
- Historical Fiction: Kremlins Series
- Crime Fiction: Street Games Series
Thursday, April 30, 2015
Follow Friday: Reading/Blogging Slumps
Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.
The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!
How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!
The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!
How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!
How do you cure a book hangover/blogging slump/reading slump? - Suggested by Take Me Away....
I usually try to do something to get my creative juices flowing. Usually that means watching a favorite show that inspires me, maybe re-reading a favorite part of a book that gets my imagination fired up, listening to music to unwind and reset, etc.
I also use Pinterest.com. I'm an avid pinner and often the images I pin can help get me out of a rut. I have boards for Settings, Scifi and Fantasy, Character Archetypes, Dragons, Horror, and more. Sometimes just searching randomly through a subject that interests me, like history, can get my creative juices flowing as well.
P.S. Before you go, check out my newest release, The Botanist. It's finally out and my launch party is tomorrow. Wish me luck!
In the heat of the desert, Detective Cody Oliver inadvertently stumbles upon a strange garden adorned with exotic flowers. Upon closer inspection, he finds the garden is but a cover for the scores of bodies buried below. Soon, the small town of Mt. Dessicate plunges into chaos as journalists, reporters, and cameramen from across the nation descend upon the tiny, desert town to get a piece of the action.
Along with the media, a mysterious woman appears. She may be the only person who has come face to face with the killer, dubbed the Botanist, and lived to tell the tale. If Cody can't piece together a timeline of the land the crime scene is located on, decipher how the woman's mysterious past is connected to the killer, and bring the Botanist to justice, he may lose the people he values most.
Along with the media, a mysterious woman appears. She may be the only person who has come face to face with the killer, dubbed the Botanist, and lived to tell the tale. If Cody can't piece together a timeline of the land the crime scene is located on, decipher how the woman's mysterious past is connected to the killer, and bring the Botanist to justice, he may lose the people he values most.
What do you think of The Botanist's cover? How do you pull yourself out of a reading/writing/blogging slump?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)



OOh that's an interesting technique! Haven't seen that yet today! I'm not on pinterest myself. Guess I should look into that! LOL!
ReplyDeleteHere's my Follow Friday
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower :)
I love Pinterest. The only problem is that it can definitely prove a distraction from reading. :D
DeletePinterest is great for improving creativity! I've found so many cool ideas on there :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your book!
Following via GFC :)
Me too. Thanks so much, Nicola! :D
DeleteI usually take at least one pinterest break per day. Good luck with your book, and thanks for stopping by!
ReplyDeleteMe too. Often several! :D No problem, Annette! And thank you too! :D
DeleteI have never used Pinterest to spark my reading! Great idea :) thanks for visiting my blog! Old follower.
ReplyDeleteNo problem! Have a great weekend! :D
DeleteI would have never thought about Pinterest. Good idea!
ReplyDeleteThe cover for your new book is pretty sweet! Thanks for checking out my F&F!
Thank you! No problem. Have a wonderful weekend! :D
DeleteYour pinterest boards sound awesome! What an interesting way to get out of a slump! Happy Friday!! :D
ReplyDeleteHere's my F&F!
Thanks Tracy! Have a great weekend! :D
DeleteThat's a cool idea, I'll have to give it a try the next time I'm experiencing a slump, but hopefully that's a ways down the road lol.
ReplyDeleteYeah, hopefully you won't need it for a really long time. Have a wonderful weekend! :D
DeleteOooh, Pinterest is a good way to get your mind off of things. I think I'll go there right now.
ReplyDeleteOld Follower
Kat @ Readiculous Blog
Yup! Unfortunately it's also a great way to waste time. :/ Thanks so much for stopping by! :D
DeleteI've never heard of using that technique before. I'll have to try that!
ReplyDeleteShannon @ The Tale Temptress
Thanks for dropping by, Shannon. Have a great weekend! :D
DeleteI love Pintrest! Good idea!
ReplyDeleteLink to my FF:
http://pipersbookblog.blogspot.com/2015/05/follow-feature-4.html
New follower via GFC!
Thanks Piper! Have an amazing weekend! :D
DeleteI need to start using pinterest more but I always forget about it...lol.
ReplyDeleteI wish I could forget. I waste entirely too much time on there! :D Thanks Stormi! Have a great weekend!
DeleteI definitely need to get started on using pintrest!:) Thanks for stopping by my blog today (:
ReplyDeleteJackie @Jackie's Book World
You should! But I warn you, it's addicting. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend! :D
DeleteMusic! Of course! How could I forget? LOL!
ReplyDeleteNew Bloglovin' follower! :)
Music definitely helps me relax, and that sometimes gets me out of a slump. Sometimes. :D Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend!
DeleteOoh that sounds pretty cool! I think I'll make a Pinterest account! As for the rereading a favorite series, I don't know why I didn't think of that! Thanks for the new tips!
ReplyDeleteBetsy @ I Sold My Soul For Books
No problem. Thanks for dropping by, Betsy. Let me know if you start the Pinterest account. I'll follow you! :D
DeleteThat cover is amazing btw. And a great technique about the slump.
ReplyDeleteOh thanks. Yeah I love my publisher's art dept. They never disappoint. Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend! :D
DeleteSuch a good idea! I haven't really used Pinterest much, but I should. I bet it's really inspiring. :-D
ReplyDeleteIt really is. Hope it inspires you too! Have a wonderful weekend! :D
DeleteI've never thought of using Pinterest as a way out of a slump, but to be honest I mainly pin Loki and Hiddleston related things...
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by! :)
New Bloglovin and Pinterest follower
Here's my FF!
Nothing wrong with that. Gotta love Loki/Hiddleston! Thanks for following, Alexandra! Have a great weekend!
DeleteIt's a great idea to use Pinterest in that way, it was made for thing like that!
ReplyDeleteMy FFF - Thea @ Gizzimomo's Book Shelf
Yeah, I have too much fun. Thanks Thea. Happy Saturday! :D
DeleteCongrats on your book!! Great points for writers. I keep a collection of pictures as well.
ReplyDeleteThanks Hon! Have a great weekend! :D
DeleteUsing pinterest is a good way to go!!! I don't do it as often as I would like, I tend to get too addicted to it. lol
ReplyDeleteYeah, it's definitely addicting. I can definitely waste time on there when I should be writing and/or reading. :D Whatcha gonna do? :D Have a great weekend, Renee!
DeleteGreat suggestions!
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting and following!
I've followed you back on both pinterest and Bloglovin'
Lauren @ myexpandingbookshelf.blogspot.co.uk
Great! Thanks Lauren! Have a fantastic weekend!
DeleteThanx for stopping by, Aditi! Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteI try non-reading activities, too! Thanks for following me, I followed back on Bloglovin' :)
ReplyDeleteSure thing! Thanks Ranu! :D
DeleteThanks for sharing your tips. I might try that out, especially the Pinterest one. :) Oh, and The Botanist sounds intriguing. :)
ReplyDeleteNew follower via GFC :)
Thanks Aizel! Have a great week! :D
DeleteGreat tips. I do like the Pinterest idea, as there is so much inspiration on that site.
ReplyDeleteNew google+ follower.
Have a great week.
Thanks so much, Sharon. I agree. So much pinspiration! :D I added you back on Google +. Have a great week!
Delete