Monday, June 9, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Best Reads So Far This Year

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Top 10 Books I've Read So Far This Year (All covers courtesy of goodreads.com unless otherwise linked.)

This one's kind of hard for me because so far I haven't read as many books this year as last year, and of the ones I have read, most are part of series. So, I may list series instead of individual books, which means I probably won't hit ten.



6. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green -- The review for this one will be up on my other blog tomorrow. This is another one I'm not sure belongs on a "best" list for me, but it's one of the few fiction stand-alones I've read this year, and I did like it overall. 



5. Allegiant by Veronica Roth -- I don't know that I call this one of the "best" because I had very mixed feelings about this third installment, but I was glad to finish the series, which I liked a lot overall.



4. The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare -- I began this series late last year, but read books 4 and 5 at the beginning of 2014. Book 6 is out now, I believe, but I haven't gotten to it yet. :(



3. The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan -- I'm continuing with my read-along of this series. It's not by far the first time I've read it, but it's pretty much my favorite series ever, so I'm always up for reading it. Since the beginning of the year, we've gotten through books 7, 8, and 9.



2. The Soul Screamers series by Rachel Vincent -- This is one I've been meaning to read for a while and I read the entire series this year. Though neither YA nor paranormal are generally my thing, I actually thoroughly enjoyed this series.




1. The Stormlight Archive series by Brandon Sanderson -- This is a relatively new series from Sanderson, with only the first two books out, but it's awesome!




That's it for me.

What were your top ten books so far for this year?

14 comments :

  1. Yay for Brandon Sanderson! :) You know, I still haven't gotten around to TFiOS, even though I've heard so many good things about it from fellow bloggers + my cousin was recommending it to me. One of these days, surely, lol

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty dang good. Hope you get to it soon. Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  2. It's lovely to see Allegiant on a favourites list! I didn't think it was as bad as a lot of people made out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it! Thanks for stopping by, Chrissi! :D

      Delete
  3. Nice picks! I looooooved The Soul Screamers series! And I'm probably the odd reader out, because I liked Allegiant. Yes, I had the emotions towards the end, but then there was a sort of acceptance afterwards when I reflected on it all!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the both. Happy Tuesday, Jessica! :D

      Delete
  4. I've barely read ten books, so it would have to be a top three list. (Been busy writing.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! I really need to read less and write more. (Actually, right now, I need to edit more. :/ ) :D

      Delete
  5. I really want to read The Soul Screamers series, it looks really good! I still need to read The Fault in Our Stars! :)

    Kyra @ Blog of a Bookaholic
    My TTT Post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both are great, Kyra. Hope you get to them soon. BTW, have you checked out my Street Games series? My MC has your name. :D Here's a link if you're interested: http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Remnants-Street-Games-L-K-ebook/dp/B00EXR3II2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1402444066&sr=8-1&keywords=dark+remnants

      Delete
  6. Great list! I've been wanting to read Soul Screamers for a while, i guess it's a good sign that it's on your top ten list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not even that into YA or Paranormal, but I really enjoyed Soul Screamers. That should tell you something. :D Thanks for stopping by, Giselle!

      Delete
  7. Latest All Hot Current Affairs, Bollywood News updates, funny and lol pictures
    HotCurrentAffairs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving the Mortal Instruments series too. The the Wheel of Time series. I need to start those again. I read the first couple books years ago. The size of the books and series though keeps intimidating me. Wonderful list!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete